Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Do I Have A Mask Problem? (F30i)
RE: Do I Have A Mask Problem? (F30i)
I forgot to mention that when you wish to take a screenshot, please use the F12 key. This will collapse the calendar and provide more of the more important information to be displayed. Also, if you happen to know your monitor's resolution, please list that as well.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-15-2022, 07:37 PM)CChamp Wrote: The strange thing thru all of this is when I woke up this morning the LED screen on the Air Sense 11 said that the mask sealed GREAT!

Yeah, the ResMed machines are absolutely brilliant in some ways, and in other ways they are just mind-bogglingly idiotic. But, hey, at least they aren't pumping killer foam into your lungs while you sleep!

Welcome to Sleep Medicine, although a better name would be calling it sleep voodoo rather than sleep medicine. It's not really medicine, it's more a bizarre parody-of-religion cult. The fundamental underlying mechanism is that the machine has magical powers, and the magic is activated by your mindless unquestioning obedience to the orders that you have been given.

The machine records highly detailed data on the inserted SD card IF you have a card inserted. Whether you have a card inserted or not, the machine also reports an opinion about what happened. The reports are all about your obedience to your orders -- how long did you have the mask on, and how many times you turned the machine off and back on. The purpose of the reports are to tattle on you for whatever your "failures" are, all the while completely ignoring any and all failures of the machine in treating your sleep-disordered breathing.

Unless your doctor is highly unusual, the doctor only cares about the report. If the machine says that you were a good little sheep, that's "success". Even if the machine records a complete train wreck.

When a practitioner of sleep medicine says "your sleep apnea is well-controlled by your device" what that means is "you are well-controlled and your device is monitoring you." And they are all completely uninterested in whether your sleep apnea is out of control and endangering your life and health.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had to change my mask from the Resmed F30i to the Resmed F20 with the memory foam cushion, and it now looks like my leakage rate is under control. Could someone take a look at my OSCAR report and let me know how it looks. I think that I need to bump up my pressure setting but not sure to what. I do seem to be feeling better and haven't taken an afternoon nap since I started CPAP. Thanks for all the help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
CChamp welcome to the forum.

You are starting with good gear. I have good gear now too because I listened to the people here who were advising me.

I've finally taken control of my treatment. When I followed my sleep doc's orders for a long time I always felt awful, even though I was compliant.

Being compliant meant i used my machine every day with my mask on. My AHI was less than 5. I had the machine on for more than 4 hours.

I've done this for over 35 years.

I've had times just like cathyf describes. I really like her description. But I feel better now that I listen to the people here.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
richwiller,
I split your post and subsequent responses and started a new thread here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...30i-to-F20

Also sent you a PM.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,893 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,482 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,797 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 356 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 373 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 581 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  New CPAP User - f30i Mask Troubles CcReesezzzzz01 6 904 01-31-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: CcReesezzzzz01

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.