Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Do I have UARS
RE: Do I have UARS
Do take Bonjour's advice. Also remember that it's early days yet, and it can just take time to get completely used to sleeping with the machine.

About the need to get up and pee frequently: you mentioned having a couple of drinks in the evening. You may know that alcohol acts as a diuretic, pulling fluids out of your blood stream and sending them to your kidneys for processing and excretion. So see if you can leave at least 3 hours between your last drink and bed time. Do drink water around the time you're drinking alcohol, to be replenishing the liquids you need. But the 3-hour interval will allow the diuretic effect to do most of its work before you go to bed.

Best of all would be if you could cut back to one drink per evening on most nights. Alcohol has a way of really messing with our sleep cycles. Take a look at this, from a trusted web site:

https://www.sleepfoundation.org/articles...tity-sleep
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all for the advice.

Yeah when i wake up its a bathroom trip. Always has been.

I agree, i do not cut out alcohol and nows the perfect time to try.

After i wake up i then struggle to adjust to the pressure and try for 30mins then sleep without it.
I still am unsure if i am breathing through the mouth with this mask. Sometimes i do have a dry mouth so maybe i do? I have a call with the centre on Wed so i could request trying a full face mask, enough though i don't mind this nasal mask. Its fairly comfortable.

Does the machine appear to react to any flow limitations? Should i try increasing the pressure?

Thank you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
With EPR at 3, your flow limitations are essentially gone and the machine is maintaining steady pressure. This is excellent therapy!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi All,

A couple more days of therapy results attached
Cut out alcohol.

Spoke to the store who is decide to fix now at 7.6 and try it out for a couple of weeks. I have committed to ramping up the hours to see how i feel. Any advice or insights on diagnostics would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply
This is good/excelent therapy, changes should be based on how you feel. Per the numbers, go with this!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
It's very good to see you're getting in more time on the machine! Plus just the one break and less leaking. I don't see any reason for raising your minimum to 7.6 as the store has suggested; did they give you a reason?

Have you had a chance to try some tape on your lips? The leakage you're having now is just fine -- unless it is disturbing your sleep. If you try some tape, you'll have a better idea whether you sleep more soundly with it, or whether it doesn't make a difference. Just another little experiment if you feel like it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback and advice.
I believe they set it to 7.6 based on the diagnostics saying thats the pressue that was used 95% when in APAP. Thoughts?
Last night used it for longer then i have, a few things to note:
I woke up with drool, my concern is that i am breathing through my mouth. Will try taping tonight.
I woke up regularly, again. One every 1.5 hours which is impacting the quality of sleep. No different to how i was without the CPAP. Still very tired.

Last nights attached.

Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply
IMHO. Go back to auto mode. You were doing fine with auto mode and pressures were staying down. When pressures go high you know you need to look at something

There is nothing wrong with fixed mode, we often suggest it where pressure transients cause issues or to help manage centrals

95% means you only used that pressure or more 5% of that time. Auto mode| allows you a lower average pressure.

Let's assume you drive a car and you have a freeway commute. So 95% of the time you drive 55 mph or slower. So let's set your car to always go 55 mph. You get frustrated on the freeway because you aren't going fast enough and in town you have gained a first name knowledge of all the police and judges in town. The town is considering cutting your taxes because of all the increased revenue you are providing if you get my meaning.

One purpose of an apap is to allow the machine to adjust to the changes in your needs.
Post Reply Post Reply
The machine wasn't going much of anywhere when your max was at 15, so as Bonjour says, just return to your previous settings so you can get the benefit of auto. I don't think you'll feel much difference, but it might give you a little edge.

Yes, definitely try tape. Let us know what happens.

It's actually pretty common to wake up from time to time at night. The periodicity of your wake-ups suggest they might be coming after REM. What's not good, however, is if you stay awake for a time, or if you don't feel rested the next day. I can see you had more breaks again last night; bathroom?

You're making a lot of progress, especially as you increase the time you're receiving treatment at night. It does take some time to get used to the new experience, so patience must be your watchword.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the advice, i will shift back to auto.

I did try the mouthtape last night but dont think i tapped properly. I have a bit of a beard and it stuck very well. Any advice for those with a beard?

I used for the longest i have last night but really struggled. I woke up about 4-5 times and im not sure why. This is what i was hoping to fix with this therapy but hasnt helped at all. Very weird, not sure what dt do.

I will try again tonight.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 15 440 4 hours ago
Last Post: Humancyclone7
  New to BiPAP, hoping for titration assistance? (Probable UARS) Easing5319 15 1,128 Yesterday, 05:43 PM
Last Post: jkossis
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,349 Yesterday, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 50 2,157 04-16-2024, 02:57 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  CPAP Not Helping... Possible UARS?? TiredTim 0 162 04-02-2024, 05:24 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  Covid Induced CA (Potentially) + UARS, Looking for Help with ASV Settings zfaulk 25 2,293 04-02-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: subconscious
  Back to CPAP for UARS, help interpreting graphs dcg494 2 200 04-02-2024, 08:58 AM
Last Post: dcg494

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.