Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Do I need bipap? never had sleep study done
RE: Do I need bipap? never had sleep study done
that guy had s8 i think is auto right locally for a 100 with only  500 hours on it.

This S8 is auto cpap right and adjusts pressure as needed ?

You guys said it was older model but might work fine? What do you think?
Post Reply Post Reply
You won't have accessible data with the S8. For a new user this makes it difficult to know the effectiveness of the therapy. Where approximately do you live? I'll try to find something appropriate and cheap.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I"m in ohio

i ussaly buy my stuff on craigslist etc
Post Reply Post Reply
The answers in the past for you pertaining to the S8 is no do not buy it. It may be an auto but it's an old style that does not allow data to be seen. You are still mentioning an ASV or AutoSV. Again unless proven you need it by way of having high Central Apnea, then this is the wrong machine. To help you understand, I mention a car's horsepower as a parallel. Just because the fully loaded 675 Hp Sport model is for sale does not mean that you should buy it. I know when buying a V8 Mustang or whatever, we don't need to justify the choice, but on CPAP you do buy what you can justify in needing. Justifying need is typically done by the sleep study you've mentioned that you've not had done.

OK onward. Even in every Auto PAP out there, you still have to adjust and optimize settings for you. Most doctors think just like you on the concept that if it's an auto adjusting PAP no optimization is needed. And that thought is wrong. You do adjust settings specifically for your needs even on an Auto. Here's the names of 2 of the best PAP machines available: ResMed AutoSet for a CPAP/APAP and then the VAuto for a bilevel. These are current generation machines under the AirSense and AirCurve lines respectively. The older S9 units are going to be fine as well. But until you prove you need a ResMed ASV or Respironics AutoSV, you are buying the wrong machine, and it is one that will not treat your apnea needs as successful as a bilevel or CPAP when you do not have Central Apnea. My ASV can run as CPAP, but it does not run well in that mode.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Offerup have Resmed 10s auto for 250 (there were 2). A little more (about 350) you can buy a ResMed auto from Supplier #2 on the supplier list at the top of the web site. I bought mine there and it had 250 hours on it (less than 1 month). ANY MACHINE YOU BUY CHECK THE HOURS. They cannot be changed. A new machine should last 5 to 7 years. Of course take the number of hours/8 will give you days. Divide that by 30 gives you months. Look up on YouTube how to find the hours run for whatever machine you plan to buy.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Supplier #2 also provides a warranty so they are a great choice
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 216 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 73 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 117 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 62 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.