Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Do I need the ResMed SD card? For $150??
Do I need the ResMed SD card? For $150??
I'm about to go buy the machine today after 4 months of trials. I'm covered for everything but the SD card, which makes sense, because unless there's some incredible proprietary software they're running on that thing, I can't imagine why it would cost so much. any help would be appreciated.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Do I need the ResMed SD card? For $150??
It's an SD card. Just like any SD card you would get at Walmart. It should cost upwards of $10.00. If that much. It needs to have 2GB storage on it which makes it a really cheap SD Card. So tell your supplier "thanks a bunch, but you'll get your own stinkin' card."
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I will basically tell them that. Appreciate the response. About to go into the meeting shortly. The last time I met the woman she told me not to change the settings because u could mix up the oxygen levels and die... I bit my tongue because I wasn't prepared for such ignorance and fear mongering from a nurse but she's probably trying to protect her job, which boards like this are cutting our reliance on them for.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi wideiris,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
What retired_guy said.
Hope your meeting goes well.
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2014, 03:14 PM)wideiris Wrote: I'm about to go buy the machine today after 4 months of trials. I'm covered for everything but the SD card, which makes sense, because unless there's some incredible proprietary software they're running on that thing, I can't imagine why it would cost so much. any help would be appreciated.

$7 at Walmart. 8-)

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2014, 03:14 PM)wideiris Wrote: I'm about to go buy the machine today after 4 months of trials.
If you,re looking at Resmed S9 as shown in your user profile, make sure its not an Escape model, Escape models are not data capable machines with SD card or without
[Image: s9-autoset-models.jpg]

SD cards are cheap but new machines comes with SD card stuck in them, removing the card and sell it separately is a criminal offence Coffee

Welcome

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2014, 03:34 PM)wideiris Wrote: Thanks. I will basically tell them that. Appreciate the response. About to go into the meeting shortly. The last time I met the woman she told me not to change the settings because u could mix up the oxygen levels and die... I bit my tongue because I wasn't prepared for such ignorance and fear mongering from a nurse but she's probably trying to protect her job, which boards like this are cutting our reliance on them for.

Yup. One of the great under-reported causes of death in the U.S. today. Cpap abuse. Inhale too deeply, swallow the machine and you could have serious constipation problems. Why, I knew a guy that heard you could clear the water out of your hose by whirling it around in the air. But no one told him to disconnect the machine first.......... Not a pretty picture. Then there's the B.S. choking hazard.

Fearsome...... Just fearsome.
Post Reply Post Reply
As long as the machine you have is the S9, they were trying to rip you off.

If you have the S8, they may have been correct, but still overpriced. In that machine, the card is not the usual card and even needed a special reader.

But the S9 uses ye olde standard SD card. All you need is a 2g one and you're set.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hahah. This community is ACTIVE. wow. Thanks all. I'm glad you're all on side like this because the nurse was NOT happy about me saying I wanted to buy the machine without the card, that I'd buy one. She said that if I didn't buy the special resmed card I wouldn't be able to download the usage and I couldn't get reports. So she recommended I call my doctor and ask him if reports are important and to come back in two weeks. At this point I'm looking elsewhere for a supplier. Thanks guys and gals. And it's not the escape. But thank you for that.
Post Reply Post Reply
The confusion here might be over the issue of having a machine that will accept a SD card versus a machine that won't, not the issue of having the SD card itself.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,202 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 280 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
Question ResMed AirSense 10 SD Card reuse? uselessdetails 3 456 02-16-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Resmed Airsense 11 SD Card? Dawg 1 293 02-11-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 431 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic
  ResMed Airsence 10 for her SD Card BNelson 4 308 01-12-2024, 06:20 PM
  Replacement SD card for Resmed Airsense 10 JoeS01 7 995 10-16-2023, 05:00 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.