Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Do I need the ResMed SD card? For $150??
RE: Do I need the ResMed SD card? For $150??
You can buy a ResMed SD card for $16 or less online. Your DME is criminal.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2014, 05:35 PM)wideiris Wrote: Hahah. This community is ACTIVE. wow. Thanks all. I'm glad you're all on side like this because the nurse was NOT happy about me saying I wanted to buy the machine without the card, that I'd buy one. She said that if I didn't buy the special resmed card I wouldn't be able to download the usage and I couldn't get reports. So she recommended I call my doctor and ask him if reports are important and to come back in two weeks. At this point I'm looking elsewhere for a supplier. Thanks guys and gals. And it's not the escape. But thank you for that.

Good job sticking to your guns. Go get a nice inexpensive sdcard from your local camera department and enjoy enjoy enjoy your new machine. The nurse is a putz, and probably should be reported to Resmed for trying to sell the sdcard that came in the box from the manufacturer along with the machine.

As Luckie points out, you could order a Resmed sdcard online fairly inexpensively, but that too would be overkill. You don't need it!

...and by the way: have you installed the Sleepyhead system so you can review your own results? That's the next thing you need to do. Go to http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...e-software and download the software.
Post Reply Post Reply
If at all feasible: Find another DME supplier.

As people said, at $150 for an S9 SD Card they are ripping you off even if they selling you the "special genuine Resmed card" -- it COMES WITH THE MACHINE, and it costs around $10 to buy an ordinary card that works.

IF they are selling you an S8 and telling you it is an S9, it is an OBSOLETE MACHINE and they are lying (it's not a BAD machine, just not current.)

You might want to post your whole price, all in. They are likely trying to take you for the machine itself TOO.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2014, 04:02 PM)retired_guy Wrote: Yup. One of the great under-reported causes of death in the U.S. today. Cpap abuse. Inhale too deeply, swallow the machine and you could have serious constipation problems. Why, I knew a guy that heard you could clear the water out of your hose by whirling it around in the air. But no one told him to disconnect the machine first.......... Not a pretty picture. Then there's the B.S. choking hazard.

Fearsome...... Just fearsome.

ROFLMAO Rolling laugh Dielaughing
Rolling laugh Dielaughing

Laugh-a-lot Laugh-a-lot

Now THAT made me laugh..............unbelievable the bulls**t that spews from the mouths of some.........

Quote:You might want to post your whole price, all in. They are likely trying to take you for the machine itself TOO.

Yes, I would definitely go with what Herb says..........i wouldn't trust them one bit..........sounds as if they are gauging....I wouldn't let them get away with hit if it were me, but thats just me.....................

Just for the record, you might very well find that if you looked on CRAIGSLIST in your town you could find a new one for less than they might be charging you.

Just a few days ago, here in Canada, I got a brand new in the box S9 AUTOSET, which came with a SD card of course, then also came with about a $100 heated hose ( rough guess in price) and they also threw in a new Wisk mask that I think costs here about $120 the typical ResMed black carry all bag, a couple of manuals etc and everything came for $650 or Best offer.

I likely could have offered $600 and got it but I didnt want to lose out to someone offering more so I just gave him the asking price.
In CANADIAN dollars so its not much different than American $$
If you don't have Craigslist, you could try eBay but things of this nature, I prefer to pick up in person and only pay once i know i am satisfied with it
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum wideiris.

As Sleepster mentioned, maybe what she was trying to convey is a machine that is fully data capable and equipped with an SD card (such as an S9 AutoSet) is $150 more than a less expensive machine ... one we all refer to as a 'brick' that only determines hours of usage to prove compliance.

Otherwise, I would be inclined to call her out on wanting to charge you for the SD card. Let her know you know the card is included in the machine and there should be no extra cost for it. $150 for an SD card is absurd! Something is wrong with anyone telling you that garbage. I just googled 'prices on SD cards' to see if I got a hit of any approaching that cost. One hit for "flash memory card" for $450 ... but it is 256GB 600x speed. Heck, I just bought a portable hard drive to backup stuff on 3 of my computers that didn't even come close to costing that much.

retired_guy ... I do enjoy your posts! LoL!
Post Reply Post Reply

It's not an included cost. It is itemized as a separate purchase. On the resmed site it says the card only needs to meet electrical requirements (also bullshitty). But basically she refused to sell the machine to me yesterday because of my refusal. This is because she says there is software on the card. Again, BS. Thanks everyone.

(06-04-2014, 08:58 AM)ImaSurvivor Wrote: Welcome to the forum wideiris.

As Sleepster mentioned, maybe what she was trying to convey is a machine that is fully data capable and equipped with an SD card (such as an S9 AutoSet) is $150 more than a less expensive machine ... one we all refer to as a 'brick' that only determines hours of usage to prove compliance.

Otherwise, I would be inclined to call her out on wanting to charge you for the SD card. Let her know you know the card is included in the machine and there should be no extra cost for it. $150 for an SD card is absurd! Something is wrong with anyone telling you that garbage. I just googled 'prices on SD cards' to see if I got a hit of any approaching that cost. One hit for "flash memory card" for $450 ... but it is 256GB 600x speed. Heck, I just bought a portable hard drive to backup stuff on 3 of my computers that didn't even come close to costing that much.

retired_guy ... I do enjoy your posts! LoL!

Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:It's not an included cost. It is itemized as a separate purchase. On the resmed site it says the card only needs to meet electrical requirements (also bullshitty). But basically she refused to sell the machine to me yesterday because of my refusal. This is because she says there is software on the card. Again, BS. Thanks everyone.

One way or another, she's lying. Perhaps there was never a machine for sale and .....well, she could be doing anything.

Anyhow as I have said, at least here in Canada, most people just buy one from Craigslist or eBay etc BUT IF you are in the States, the dealers they have listed on the pages here have some good prices for the S9.

Theres something very wrong with that woman.........she was up to something.........you didnt lose a machine but lost a chance at being ripped off one way or the other......
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-04-2014, 09:13 AM)wideiris Wrote: But basically she refused to sell the machine to me yesterday because of my refusal. This is because she says there is software on the card. Again, BS. Thanks everyone.

To me this indicates that she wants the extra money for the machine, not the SD card it contains.

The bit about the software on the card could be an outright lie, or it could be that she's confused. Based on interactions with DME's that I've experienced or read about, I'd say it could easily be either of those two things.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would report this DME to ResMed, that doesn't sound right at all. I wasn't charged for the card, just the machine, humidifier, tubing and masks. (I got two just in case I didn't like the one) No separate charge for the card. And as others have mentioned $150 is outrageous. From what I could gather about $1,200 is on par for the machine for retail pricing. I found it as low as $800 online. So figure out what she was trying to charge you for the machine too?
Post Reply Post Reply
This whole deal sounds like the smart card and reader for the S8 machines.

Make absolutely sure it's an S9 machine and not an Escape of any model.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,036 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 227 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
Question ResMed AirSense 10 SD Card reuse? uselessdetails 3 412 02-16-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Resmed Airsense 11 SD Card? Dawg 1 259 02-11-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 390 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic
  ResMed Airsence 10 for her SD Card BNelson 4 290 01-12-2024, 06:20 PM
  Replacement SD card for Resmed Airsense 10 JoeS01 7 920 10-16-2023, 05:00 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.