Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR & Swapping ResMed S10 Machines & SD Cards?
RE: OSCAR & Swapping ResMed S10 Machines & SD Cards?
Hello pholynyk!

I just loaded OSCAR 1.3.0 and whilst I cannot now recall if this feature was in the last version, I did see that I can purge a Machine's Data from an OSCAR Profile.

I may have missed the next bit when using the last OSCAR, but my wife's Profile did have some Data from my S10, so I did not quite avoid importing my own S10 Data that time when I inserted the wrong SD Card.

It's possible in the Overview Screen I had not set that to Everything, but running OSCAR 1.3.0 for the first time, revealed that there was some earlier Data from my S10.

So I purged that.

The only residual issue is my wife's OSCAR Profile's OVERVIEW Screen, when set to show Everything, presents the screen as if the old Data was still there, but with nothing to show.

The OSCAR Team may want to check that?

Not a major issue. But it looks like when purging a machine's Data, the dates are retained even after the Data has gone.

For example, I first used my own S10 in mid 2020, whereas my wife did not start using her S10 until early 2021.

Prior to my inserting my SD Card in error and starting an upload to my wife's OSCAR Profile, her OVERVIEW Screen would start in early 2021.

After my aborted upload, partial Data must have come in, so her OVERVIEW Screen included that, so showed some Data from back to mid 2020.

Then, after purging my S10's Data from my wife's OSCAR Profile, whilst that did delete the Data from showing on her OVERVIEW Screen, it still starts from mid 2020, even though her own S10's Data only starts from early 2021.

The short-term workaround is just to set the OVERVIEW Screen to a Custom date range, and make the Start the same date as her commencement with her S10 (early 2021).

But if I click back to show EVERYTHING, it shows things back to mid 2020, even when there is no Data that far back after I purged my machine's Data.

Really minor issue, but though someone may like to know.

HTH

MoreBeers
Post Reply Post Reply
Restarting Oscar or changing to a different profile and back should cause the Overview page to update. I recently had the same issue with sessions I had just disabled still showing up until after a restart.

- Neelix
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Neelix!

Spot on, that worked, many thanks.

The SUMMARY Screen for my wife's OSCAR Profile is now correct when I select show Everything, and now starts from early 2021 as it should.

MoreBeers
Post Reply Post Reply
I have an S10 and a Windows 10.

I ran OSCAR for the first time per the set-up instructions. I locked the SD card and everything worked fine.

I then read a little further down on the instructions and read this;

"To be safe you may wish to download and use the following script. It will turn off(or back on) this feature on your PC. Prevent SysVol Info Write".

So my question is do I need the script or not since nothing happened the first time, or this is a random problem and could happen at any time in the future???
Post Reply Post Reply
No, you don't need it.  That was for the Resmed S9 only.  The S9 did not like any other file residing on the SD card.  Resmed corrected their code in the A10s to eliminate this problem.  The write-protecting warning was to prevent the Windows system writing this file to the S9 as well.  You no longer need to worry about write-protecting.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-23-2021, 12:40 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: No, you don't need it.  That was for the Resmed S9 only.  The S9 did not like any other file residing on the SD card.  Resmed corrected their code in the A10s to eliminate this problem.  The write-protecting warning was to prevent the Windows system writing this file to the S9 as well.  You no longer need to worry about write-protecting.

- Red

Red--Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  csa machines cexer 1 73 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 467 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  Oscar and SD cards for machine/user swap ahuman 3 114 03-15-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 213 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 475 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 671 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  [Treatment] Oscar/ Dialing in Settings / ResMed 11 Jintyo76 2 318 01-10-2024, 11:50 PM
Last Post: Jintyo76

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.