Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Do I need to prep my sd card?
Do I need to prep my sd card?
I searched the help articles and wiki but couldn't find this out - I have a new SD card with nothing on it and a Resmed 11. I had the card in it last night, but it appears it didn't save any data at all, there's still nothing on the card. Do I need to prep it somehow? Thanks...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Do I need to prep my sd card?
Is your card 32 GB or less? If so, I would expect it to work without needing initialization.

Cards for most CPAP machines must be 32 GB or less, and formatted as FAT-32 (the default format for this size card).
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi herdisleah!  -  Welcome
Since your SD card is new, you don't have to do anything, just insert it in your CPAP, and it will take care of creating all the required files.  Just make sure that you don't enable the write-protect tab on the upper left side of the card. Make sure it is positioned in the forward position.

[Image: SD_memory-lock.jpg]

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you need to format your SD card there is a free app from the SD Association that will do it properly.  Win & Mac available:
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/

Takes any guesswork out of it.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As stated above, the card needs to be 32gb or less.  8gb is plenty for years of data, though 8gb and smaller cards are tough to find these days.  

The smallest thing I had on-hand when my AS11 came was a 32gb micro-sd in a SDHC adapter, so I put that in.  It was empty, and pre-formatted FAT32.  The AS11 accepted it and has been recording data every night (I copy the data to a folder on my computer daily right now, as I'm in compliance period, and then import to Oscar from there).  

I didn't want to waste that 32gb card, so I subsequently bought a 8gb Transcend branded UHS-1 SD card (about $6) to replace it.  I simply copied all files (including hidden files) from the 32gb card to the new 8gb card, and placed it in the machine yesterday.  The AS11 accepted it and wrote data as normal last night.

When inserting the card, the AS11 should put up a dialog that says it is "Loading" the SD card.  If you don't get that, then you didn't push the card all the way in, or there's something wrong with the card (or perhaps the machine, but that's unlikely).

If you forget and leave the write-protect switch in the lock position, the AS11 will put up an error dialog saying the card is write-protected, and instructing you to remove, unprotect, and re-insert.
Post Reply Post Reply
Got it, the issue was a 64 gig card. Trying again after taking the 32 gig out of my phone and swapping them. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 946 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 41 50,999 04-29-2021, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Scobber
  Downloading data to SD card of Resmed for nights that SD card not in ResMed machine Robert6 8 9,357 06-19-2015, 09:28 AM
Last Post: estgad
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,282 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  [Health] Medical Emergency prep PaulaO2 4 2,377 09-13-2013, 06:30 PM
Last Post: me50

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.