Do I need to switch doctors/providers to make progress?
thefer Offline

Members

Machine: REMstar Pro C-Flex+
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Fisher and Pakel
Humidifier: REMstar Pro C-Flex+
CPAP Pressure: 8
CPAP Software: SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments:

Sex: Female
RE: Do I need to switch doctors/providers to make progress?
Hi

I feel for you. I suffered with migraine headaches for a couple of years until we found out the cause was sleep apnea and that was just Jan of this year. First, I saw a neurologist who decided to order a sleep study. When that came back with issues, he then referred me to a pulmonlogist who specializes in sleep medicine. I ended up going with the same dr that treated my Valley Fever a year prior. The neurologist faxed the sleep study to the sleep medicine dr. Before he would see me, he wanted me to have a tilation study before my appt. The neurologist ordered that study. When I saw the sleep medicine dr, he had everything he needed and at my first appt, he faxed the CPAP order to the DME. DME called me a week later and scheduled an appt to come in to pick it up.

I will be honest, it was a headache to get the machine in the first place. I remember telling my dr's that if they take their sweet time, then I will call their office every time I have a migraine to refresh their memory on why I need it NOW.

Now, that I am using it, I am headache free and was able to wean slowly off the topamax for the migraines. No major migraines since Jan.

Thanks
Jennifer
05-26-2015 11:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Can home care provider make our machine unusable? LPN2012 10 312 12-01-2016 05:22 AM
Last Post: LPN2012
  Progress! yossarian 5 284 11-19-2016 04:47 AM
Last Post: holden4th
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 10 broken on-off switch koshari 12 1,112 11-07-2016 05:19 PM
Last Post: Insomniac II
  Lack of progress and getting worse. Pudel 7 382 11-07-2016 02:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question AHI Higher AFter Switch from Nasal Pillows to Full Mask Sleepypokey 8 495 10-26-2016 03:07 PM
Last Post: Kadenz
  Full Mask improvement (progress) jxyzobrien 3 267 09-29-2016 01:18 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
Sad What to make of these results jjason18 19 974 09-06-2016 01:08 AM
Last Post: Maskup Sleepwell