Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Do I need to turn machine off
RE: Do I need to turn machine off
(09-10-2012, 06:43 PM)zonk Wrote:
(09-10-2012, 06:39 PM)cbramsey Wrote:
(09-10-2012, 05:07 PM)Cutter Wrote: I unplug the machine when removing the SD card and I don't plug it in until the card is installed. Otherwise I hit the on/off button in the morning when I shut it down for the day.

I do what Cutter does. Lolabove
Birds of feature flock together Dielaughing

Tennessee and Kansas are only separated by Missouri. So we probably do flock together. Don't plan on migrating down under either.
This post is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and 
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way 
are to be considered flaws or defects.

Post Reply Post Reply
Just edited this post and wrote something more relevant instead Thinking-about

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2012, 04:09 PM)worthog Wrote: Was just wondering if I need to do the following to my Resmed S9
1/ turn it off before i remove the SD card
2/ turn it off each day, or is it ok to leave it running all the time

ResMed recommends unplugging the machine before removing the SD card. However, many folks on this forum do not (I don't) and so far, I don't believe anyone has reporting having a problem. I have a spare SD card, and the machine will run without one, so the downside risk is pretty small (IMHO). On the other hand, if it would worry you not to be following the directions, by all means, unplug the machine first. It can't do any harm, and it might help.

As to question #2, I presume you are again talking about leaving the machine plugged in. There would be no sense in having the blower running all day, and I don't think the machine would even do that - at least, my S9 Auto Set seems to shut itself down after a few seconds if there is no resistance at the other end of the hose. I think the vast majority of folks do leave the machines plugged in. They do draw a small amount of current to run the indicator lights and electronics, but not enough to matter.

You might want to unplug the machine during thunderstorms, as nearby lightning strikes can be very damaging to electronic equipment. Other than that, though, I can't see any reason not to just leave it plugged in.

Post Reply Post Reply
I also unplug the machine when removing the SD card and I don't plug it in until the card is back in.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2012, 06:39 PM)cbramsey Wrote:
(09-10-2012, 05:07 PM)Cutter Wrote: I unplug the machine when removing the SD card and I don't plug it in until the card is installed. Otherwise I hit the on/off button in the morning when I shut it down for the day.

I do what Cutter does. Lolabove

I do the same thing.

But, since I do it only once a week when exchanging SD cards (I use 2), I also disconnect & clean out my Climateline hose.

Both the 2nd SD Card & the cleaned Climateline hose are put back before I replug the S9.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
Question Is it OK to turn on an oxygen concentrator before my APAP machine? EMihalis 10 696 12-15-2023, 12:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,159 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Should I turn off EPR?? sleepygoo 4 580 11-09-2023, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airsense 11 how do you turn off this bloody touch screen tierdal 12 3,294 07-22-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: silverdr
  [Equipment] Screen Light - how to turn off Hopingforachange 4 2,100 04-04-2023, 01:50 AM
Last Post: zellem
  [Equipment] Turn off Ramp. CactusJack 4 9,195 03-30-2023, 11:25 AM
Last Post: DISleepApnea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.