Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

3.16 Installation Paths?
3.16 Installation Paths?
I installed ResScan Version 3.16 to "E:\Program Files (x86)\ResMed\ResScan3\". It writes the data to C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\ResMed\ResScan\Patients\ my name. The folder is getting large on my C:\drive which I want to keep as clean as I can. Is there any way to change the write path so I can get the reports on my E:\drive? I looked for an ini or cfg file but could not find any. Thanks, Bob.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 3.16 Installation Paths?
It is probably in the registry somewhere, most likely in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ResMed or HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ResMed.

If you are unfamiliar with the Registry Editor, this is a risky first project since Windows or ResScan can be easily corrupted by improper changes to the registry. You will want to make an image backup of your entire computer onto an external hard drive before you attempt this, using a product such as Acronis or Norton Ghost. Both of these products are rather complex, and they are tricky to set up properly.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 3.16 Installation Paths?
(09-11-2012, 04:35 PM)big_dave Wrote: It is probably in the registry somewhere, most likely in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ResMed or HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ResMed.

If you are unfamiliar with the Registry Editor, this is a risky first project since Windows or ResScan can be easily corrupted by improper changes to the registry. You will want to make an image backup of your entire computer onto an external hard drive before you attempt this, using a product such as Acronis or Norton Ghost. Both of these products are rather complex, and they are tricky to set up properly.

Hi. Thanks. I looked in the registry at both locations. There is no path defined. I did find that in the ResScan Tools menu there is a Patient Manager where I can set the default location. I appreciate the help. Bob.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rescan installation. saltydawg2 2 745 06-06-2021, 04:32 PM
Last Post: saltydawg2
  OSCAR Installation Testers Needed Gideon 10 2,605 04-23-2019, 08:52 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Problem with ReScan after installation Julius 21 11,595 09-28-2014, 10:19 PM
Last Post: barnfish
  Deciphering Respironics Humidifier Installation Instructions Ermine 8 4,641 09-02-2013, 07:26 PM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.