Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Do I need to tweak pressure on Resmed 10
Do I need to tweak pressure on Resmed 10
Hey, Just signed up today and just downloaded sleepyhead yesterday. I know I’m moving at a fast clip. HeHe 

Just a brief bit about me. Had a home sleep study, 11 events per hr. I now have a resmed Airsense 10. Been using it for 40 days.  Now I’m under 2 events per hr. per MY Air app. ( haven’t learned sleepyhead yet).

I know these are good numbers but I’m not really sleeping like the numbers indicate. I think the machine is actually waking me up at times. Is that possible with the pressure settings?

MY pressure  is set at auto 4 to 20. My average pressure when I’m sleeping has never gone above 9. 

I pulled that info.from sleepyhead the first time I put the sd card in yesterday.

My question is. Is there any benefit to adjusting the max. presure down a bit?  Or, I don’t really need to worry about that on my type of machine that auto adjust.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Do I need to tweak pressure on Resmed 10
There may be.  Running a machine wide open 4 to 20 cmw is typically not a good idea.

I could guess at your proper settings but it would be better to see a copy of both your sleep study (full study less personal info) and your SleepyHead nightly charts.  Please see my signature for how to organize your charts.

In general here at this forum We really prefer to advise based on your data rather than any form of guessing.  Also include how you feel.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the Apneaboard forum,

4 might be a bit low, most people feel a bit air starved at 4, I would up it up to 5 or 6, that would let the machine treat any event you are having without maybe disturbing you when it increases the pressure to treat an event.  If you need it there is also EPR that makes it easier to breathe against the machine.  Over time the machine might creep up slightly in higher pressure, but it might not be a lot as you are in a mild category.  You might not even need EPR, but it is there if you need it.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply. I just didn’t know if I needed to adjust an auto machine or not. I’ll get a little more organized and return with my real numbers. My Air seems to be a little lame though.

Thank you, tonight I will try 5. Get my ducks in-line and report back.
Post Reply Post Reply
CPAP titration is pretty straight forward, and Sleepyhead is a great tool to get it dialed in.  The primary objective is to  get comfortable, and most of us don't feel we have our best comfort at low pressure.  Your machine also provides exhale pressure relief that does nothing at 4 cm. Once we get a look at your data we can probably dial you right in, but if you set the minimum pressure to 7.0, I'll bet, your results improve.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I will get some reports up soon. Looking forward to getting this dialed in a little better.
I appreciate your response.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 262 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,648 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 925 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Need help w pressure, tired in morning, resmed 11 cejay 3 545 08-23-2023, 10:46 AM
Last Post: cejay
  [Equipment] Pressure reading on Resmed 11 AutoSet Ajalkio 2 1,037 07-27-2023, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Ajalkio
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 648 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  AirSense 11 settings to tweak to reduce central apneas? jsam 30 3,708 02-16-2023, 11:21 AM
Last Post: jsam

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.