Mask Type: Oral
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Airfit P10 Nasal Pillow
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 11-16
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Backup Mask: Innomed Hybrid FFM -- Oral+Nasal Pillows

Sex: Male

RE: Do I really need JAVA?
I answered your question (perhaps) in your thread on this subject: Autoruns http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902 likely might help.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
10-19-2014 05:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
becker44a Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus Lg
CPAP Pressure: Rx 10 - 20cm, Usually 10-14cm

Other Comments:

(10-19-2014 03:21 PM)me50 Wrote:  The other day, Windows did an update. Since then, I keep getting this message that says PowerShell has stopped working. I have never used PowerShell and this just started happening since the update. I can't see where there are any complaints about this and I can't see a patch for it. Any suggestions?

Hi me50,
Powershell is an internal scripting tool that is built into more recent versions of Windows. It would be helpful to know which version of Windows you are using.

Also, some updates force a reboot and some don't. I would do a cold shutdown (first shutdown Windows, then pull the power plug. if a laptop, remove the battery), wait several minutes, then bring it back up again. The cold reboot could solve the issue. If not, you may have the option of restoring the machine to a state before the update. I believe Windows 7 and later set a system restore point before installing updates. A caution here: reverting the machine to a restore point resets EVERYTHING on the machine, so other changes you may have made since the update would probably be lost.

Otherwise, start Googling.
Good Luck,

A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
10-19-2014 09:19 PM
me50 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: resmed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Wisp and Silicone Head gear
Humidifier: resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18/8
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed

we had storms come in unexpectedly and as always, shut the laptop down, disconnected power, etc., shut the power strip off and when I started the laptop back up, so far, no message.

Thanks all for the suggestions.
10-20-2014 12:09 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
GeoffD Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10
Humidifier: Integral + ClimateLine
CPAP Pressure: 14-17
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments:

(10-19-2014 03:21 PM)me50 Wrote:  The other day, Windows did an update. Since then, I keep getting this message that says PowerShell has stopped working. I have never used PowerShell and this just started happening since the update. I can't see where there are any complaints about this and I can't see a patch for it. Any suggestions?

Reformat your hard drive and load Linux? Big Grin

I just moved off Windows XP Pro to Win7 about 18 months ago. At this point, I only take security updates. Like most corporate types, I doubt I will be on a newer Windows release for another 5 years. I stopped in to visit my 82-year-old mother on Sunday. Her machine was upgrading from Win8 to 8.1. 2 hours later when it completed, I poked at it for 15 minutes to make sure everything still worked and cleaned up all the bloat it had just installed.

PowerShell is probably used by other applications at startup time. Those .BAT files that have been around since the dawn of time run in the command shell and that's PowerShell. If you went from Win8 to 8.1, the shell surely was updated and you might have some kind of incompatibility with your .BAT script files for some application.
10-22-2014 04:33 PM
herbm Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed AutoSet S9
Mask Type: Oral
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Airfit P10 Nasal Pillow
CPAP Pressure: 11-16

Other Comments: Backup Mask: Innomed Hybrid FFM -- Oral+Nasal Pillows

8 to 8.1 is a GOOD IDEA, if you are stuck with 8 anything.

7 is a very fine OS, likely much better than XP and not really that different.

8+ was designed for all hardware platforms supported by Microsoft, e.g., PCs, tablets, pads, phones. So they dumbed down and ruined the user interface for PCs to make it work reasonably on a 4 x 3 phone screen.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
10-22-2014 05:01 PM

Donate to Apnea Board