Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Do I unplug my machine after?
Do I unplug my machine after?
So this is my first day with the resmed airsense 10 autoset and I was wondering if I am supposed to unplug it the morning after I am done with it, and only have it plugged in when I’m using it. Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Do I unplug my machine after?
I have mine plugged into a surge protector, plugged in and on (standby, power saver or whatever it's called) all the time. more than you asked, I stop therapy with the power button (short press to standby) & restart with smartstart by breathing through the mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine stays plugged in to a surge protector 24/7.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Alright so I’ll just let it chill in a surge protector as well! Thanks for the quick replies guys!
Post Reply Post Reply
One little detail: when it's unplugged, it'll default to reporting 30-day averages (I think -- multi-day, anyhow) for the data it shows on the screen. Go in and reset that to 1 day.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-16-2020, 06:49 PM)Sleepgains Wrote: So this is my first day with the resmed airsense 10 autoset and I was wondering if I am supposed to unplug it the morning after I am done with it, and only have it plugged in when I’m using it. Thank you!
Hi "Sleepgains" I have been using this machine now for bit over five years and I've found that you shouldn't unplug it for maybe just over an hour. This gives the machine time to send info to "Resmed Website" where I hope you have an account and from there you can get a score of how you're sleeping and events and so forth  Smile Hope this helps and happy sleeping  Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
When the machine is off, you can hold down the power button (that's the button on the top of the machine with a little light on it) for three seconds and the unit will go completely off.

Hopefully you've gotten the clinician's manual here.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I leave my machine plugged in all the time. I've yet to use a surge protector. I have one, it's just a matter of digging it out and using it.  Oh-jeez

Update: I went out to my garage and found one. My machine is now safely plugged in and guarded.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay sweet just did that. It was the setting found at the bottom of the sleep report menu labeled period, correct?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, you want One Day.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,147 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,790 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,320 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Question about turning machine off or unplug from wall Lee. 23 5,299 02-09-2020, 05:22 PM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  Do you guys unplug your CPAP after it cools down? vroomvroom 13 4,356 04-01-2019, 12:48 AM
Last Post: ardenum
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,753 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,249 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.