Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Do NOT trust your DME - my story
RE: Do NOT trust your DME - my story
(10-12-2017, 08:07 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Trust me. I'm aware that they gave me a slightly used machine. I'm trying to be nice, not duped though. FWIW they're going to make good on it, and that's fine by me.

Funny, she never asked "where" I saw the lifetime machine counter. Never asked at all. Now, she does know that I've adjusted the machine in clinical set-up.

Regardless, when machines are swapped, I'm perfectly OK with status then.

Cheers to y'all.

BTW if I'm a little off in any way bad clue me in please. My primary doc and I had a conversation today and, jury out still, but I may have had small heart attack this past Sunday. Not quite back to "normal" yet. Whatever normal is, that is.

Dave

Wishing you the best Dave.

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, means lots. Feeling better than I've been for several days. My bad was that symptoms were hid by my other aches etc. Gotta wait till 10/24 to see cardiac doc so I'm guessing it's not super serious now.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-12-2017, 09:35 PM)HalfAsleep Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 08:07 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Trust me. I'm aware that they gave me a slightly used machine. I'm trying to be nice, not duped though. FWIW they're going to make good on it, and that's fine by me.

Funny, she never asked "where" I saw the lifetime machine counter. Never asked at all. Now, she does know that I've adjusted the machine in clinical set-up.

Regardless, when machines are swapped, I'm perfectly OK with status then.

Cheers to y'all.

BTW if I'm a little off in any way bad clue me in please. My primary doc and I had a conversation today and, jury out still, but I may have had small heart attack this past Sunday. Not quite back to "normal" yet. Whatever normal is, that is.

Dave

Bummer. Sleep-on-pillow Sleep-on-pillow Be well!

Thanks. Dave
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So glad you're getting a 'real' new machine this time! Big Grin 

Take care. Wishing you all the best.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I am as well. Just goes to teach us, we will learn something everyday whether we want to or not.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Dave

A simple blood test such as a CK (creatine kinase) test will determine if you've had a heart attack. Apparently there is a new one called a troponin test. Hlope all works out well for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-13-2017, 03:57 AM)holden4th Wrote: Hello Dave

A simple blood test such as a CK (creatine kinase) test will determine if you've had a heart attack. Apparently there is a new one called a troponin test. Hlope all works out well for you.

OK I copy that and thanks friend. I'll be in touch with cardiac doc and/or primary my time zone around 10 AM Friday. I'd like to have definitive plan to investigate. Cheers to all.
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad you are getting a new machine - sounds like DME fraud is rampant.  Wonder what they are supposed to do with returned/used CPAP's?

But more importantly - get well and let us know what the doc says.  GOOD LUCK!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-13-2017, 08:13 AM)CZOscar Wrote: Glad you are getting a new machine - sounds like DME fraud is rampant.  Wonder what they are supposed to do with returned/used CPAP's?

But more importantly - get well and let us know what the doc says.  GOOD LUCK!

IMO on the almost new machine future: assigning it to a CPAP patient that's not a member of Apnea Board. And one that's not knowledgeable of DME shenanigans. Betcha they have a screening process to weed out those that know their tricks.

Too-funny  for us but  Shock to those unaware
Post Reply Post Reply
I just picked up my new ASV Dave. I think they were a little sensitive when I asked to see the actual usage hours myself, but I tried to mollify them.

Zero hours.

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 626,073 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Long story short chronic 5 384 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
  TechieHippie's story: "mild" apnea but clusters of SpO2 drops TechieHippie 17 1,060 02-12-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Question [Equipment] BEFORE YOU TRUST ANY COMMERCIAL NON-FDA DEVICE srlevine1 0 327 12-06-2023, 02:04 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
Cool Success story. ASV - switched from full face to nasal mask 00derek 2 904 11-25-2023, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Angry [Equipment] KILLER STORY ON PHILLIPS CPAP MACHINES srlevine1 10 2,023 11-03-2023, 08:27 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Lost Trust in CheckmeMax O2 Watch cmpman1974 1 311 10-05-2023, 01:30 AM
Last Post: Old Mike

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.