Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Do NOT trust your DME - my story
RE: Do NOT trust your DME - my story
The health service here is run by the state/government, complaints will normally be handled by the state/government or a branch thereof, nominally a independent operation but quite likely to be state appointees/employees. Many charaties are kept alive by government grants, so they may not be totally independent.

It is a kafkaesque  magic roundabout designed to wear you out until you get bored and go away, or if you are really serious you go and find a solicitor, but of course that costs money. There is of course the final solution, you may be dead.............
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I too have found out, despite my best efforts to the contrary, that I was issued a used device when lead to believe it was new. The difference of 228 hours more than I've used shows on the meter. Not excusing my not finding this out sooner, but I've been a bit distracted by other health issues at the time of ASV issuance. I've reported this finding to the insurance and have requested that a new machine be issued by the DME. I'm not doing this to get anybody in trouble, but if the DME tells me I've got a new machine, total hours are zero not 228+.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-12-2017, 12:24 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Well, I too have found out, despite my best efforts to the contrary, that I was issued a used device when lead to believe it was new. The difference of 228 hours more than I've used shows on the meter. Not excusing my not finding this out sooner, but I've been a bit distracted by other health issues at the time of ASV issuance. I've reported this finding to the insurance and have requested that a new machine be issued by the DME. I'm not doing this to get anybody in trouble, but if the DME tells me I've got a new machine, total hours are zero not 228+.

Yep.  Lolabove
Post Reply Post Reply
I called Apria on my machine overall hour meter not matching my personal use hours. They messaged my RT from the local office. She called for clarification from me. She and I were correct that the machine was presented as brand new, not just new to me. Then she asked if I agree to proceed with ordering a replacement. I did agree. She'll call when we can swap devices as she'd prefer it to be a "no complaint status" between RT, DME and patient. OK that's cool.

Dave B.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-12-2017, 02:31 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: like
I called Apria on my machine overall hour meter not matching my personal use hours. They messaged my RT from the local office. She called for clarification from me. She and I were correct that the machine was presented as brand new, not just new to me. Then she asked if I agree to proceed with ordering a replacement. I did agree. She'll call when we can swap devices as she'd prefer it to be a "no complaint status" between RT, DME and patient. OK that's cool.

Dave B.

Nice touch!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Dave B.

When speaking with Apria yesterday about my soon-to-arrive ASV, they mentioned in passing something about a "one time turn in" provision. 

I'd clarify that you aren't using any provision you may have in your contract up when you make this exchange. KWIM?

Bill (who is counting the days till he checks to see if his own ASV is new, as promised)
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-12-2017, 04:03 PM)Spy Car Wrote:

Dave B.

When speaking with Apria yesterday about my soon-to-arrive ASV, they mentioned in passing something about a "one time turn in" provision. 

I'd clarify that you aren't using any provision you may have in your contract up when you make this exchange. KWIM?

Bill (who is counting the days till he checks to see if his own ASV is new, as promised)

As far as I know, I don't have that on my contract, but I could be mistaken. Even so, if that is the case, I'd rather start out with a real, bona fide zero hour device. FWIW the Apria RT believes MAYBE the device has a glitch in the counter. Personally, I somewhat doubt that, but I'm not in an argumentative mood today. She was very apologetic about this situation, so this may be an authentic mixup. Her thought is if the machine counter is wacky, it may be a possibility of warranty issues later in machine life.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave, it has nothing to do with the hour counter.   Oh-jeez  My kids can come up with better excuses than that.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Trust me. I'm aware that they gave me a slightly used machine. I'm trying to be nice, not duped though. FWIW they're going to make good on it, and that's fine by me.

Funny, she never asked "where" I saw the lifetime machine counter. Never asked at all. Now, she does know that I've adjusted the machine in clinical set-up.

Regardless, when machines are swapped, I'm perfectly OK with status then.

Cheers to y'all.

BTW if I'm a little off in any way bad clue me in please. My primary doc and I had a conversation today and, jury out still, but I may have had small heart attack this past Sunday. Not quite back to "normal" yet. Whatever normal is, that is.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-12-2017, 08:07 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Trust me. I'm aware that they gave me a slightly used machine. I'm trying to be nice, not duped though. FWIW they're going to make good on it, and that's fine by me.

Funny, she never asked "where" I saw the lifetime machine counter. Never asked at all. Now, she does know that I've adjusted the machine in clinical set-up.

Regardless, when machines are swapped, I'm perfectly OK with status then.

Cheers to y'all.

BTW if I'm a little off in any way bad clue me in please. My primary doc and I had a conversation today and, jury out still, but I may have had small heart attack this past Sunday. Not quite back to "normal" yet. Whatever normal is, that is.

Dave

Bummer. Sleep-on-pillow Sleep-on-pillow Be well!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 625,932 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Long story short chronic 5 381 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
  TechieHippie's story: "mild" apnea but clusters of SpO2 drops TechieHippie 17 1,056 02-12-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Question [Equipment] BEFORE YOU TRUST ANY COMMERCIAL NON-FDA DEVICE srlevine1 0 327 12-06-2023, 02:04 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
Cool Success story. ASV - switched from full face to nasal mask 00derek 2 901 11-25-2023, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Angry [Equipment] KILLER STORY ON PHILLIPS CPAP MACHINES srlevine1 10 2,021 11-03-2023, 08:27 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Lost Trust in CheckmeMax O2 Watch cmpman1974 1 309 10-05-2023, 01:30 AM
Last Post: Old Mike

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.