Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Do NOT trust your DME - my story
Oh my, the Lebanon Keene Medical is the one I have used for the past 5 years. I think I must have been lucky - I hadn’t had any problems with them. Of course all the people I have used to get my APAP machine are long gone. I do have to say that the education was poor and not much time was spent fitting a mask etc. also, I always went to the offfice - never had a home visit. I also haven’t needed them for anything except replenished of supplies. But all that has been fine with me as I really don’t want them involved in my therapy- I’ve done all my own settings. 

However, I might change to another DME as I just ran into a situation where they refused to order me the Dreamwear gel pillow. I’ve bought it on my own from another provider via the web, as I wasn’t due for another pillow through insurance. My MD has given them a specific order for that pillow as they had said that was necessary before they would order it. Then they told me my insurance wouldn’t pay for it. So I called Medicare/Anthem. Not true. Went back to Keene Medical and confronted them with that so they then admitted that they just wouldn’t provide that pillow as “ they don’t get enough for it” . I then told them that I had already checked and that a competitor of theirs would supply it to me under insurance and that I would probably change to them - and I was due for a new APAP and they would lose the whole business. So, maybe they have gotten more sleazy . A shame!
Post Reply Post Reply
About 10 minutes ago, Apria delivered me a new ASV unit, power brick, and water tank. The driver removed the pesky and "faulty" unit with more hours than I had used. Confirmed brand new device now. ZERO hours on the device. Got a 2nd ResMed SD card and a filter installed too.

I'll give Apria a kudos for making it right and rather painless in getting it resolved. Remember folks, we're dealing with DME's here...

like Eat-popcorn Coffee lots-o-coffee

Dave
Sarcasm is a hobby of mine. I am not sarcastic on serious issues, implied or otherwise.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 833 244,751 10-11-2017, 03:01 PM
Last Post: NoDozer
  DME story nicholb 12 575 08-17-2017, 03:22 PM
Last Post: mogulman
  My story, NOTE, a VERY VERY long story BiLevel48 3 465 03-27-2017, 07:23 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
Sad [CPAP] My Sleep Apnea Story and CPAP Issue ihatesleepapnea2017 8 537 03-17-2017, 07:14 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  My First Week Story Effers 16 1,133 03-01-2017, 09:19 PM
Last Post: Effers
  I'm new. Dying of exhaustion. Just got a machine - here's my story. michaelba72 13 1,521 08-29-2016, 11:28 PM
Last Post: michaelba72
Smile Newbie here and my story wullybully76 7 832 08-23-2016, 11:35 AM
Last Post: wullybully76