Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Do People Not Like Full Face Masks?
RE: Do People Not Like Full Face Masks?
(10-11-2017, 06:39 PM)sonicboom Wrote: Paula - you may want to try the F&P Brevida.  It creates more of a seal around the nose, has pillows, is lightweight and very very quiet.  As you may recall I too recently struggled with a leaking P10 into the downside eye.  So far, after one week, I really like the Brevida.  Leaks are almost 0.  Eyes are somewhat better. If it eventually doesn't help I will try a FFM solution but thought id try the Brevida first given others positive reviews.

The Brevida is a great mask. I second that recommendation.

I still have and use my Brevida although I primarily use the Dreamwear with gel pillows.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use P10, the best mask out there period . Eat-popcorn
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW: I can't stand using any mask and trying to sleeping. Lying on the bed is far easier.

Dielaughing

I am a FFM only user. I started on the Amara View when on BiPAP, and now use ResMed AirFit F20 and swap in the F20 AirTouch cushion sometimes. Note with the Amara View, I could wear glasses and be able to read until I got tired, not so with the F20. Then again, since this is to be worn while sleeping, glasses aren't necessary.

free virtual  Eat-popcorn lots-o-coffee for the next hour...

Dave B.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a Quatro FX FFM and have been for the last 6 years (not the same unit the whole time). I find it very comfortable and I can sleep in almost every position. With my first machine, I had nasal pillows and ran into all sorts of issues. The DME went bankrupt before we could get them resolved so my sleep doc ordered a new study and we went with the FFM. I am also a mouth breather and have sinus issues and surgery is not an option at this time. 

I am used to a FFM as I used to have to wear an aviator's oxygen mask when I flew for the air force. I had the reputation I could sleep anywhere even with the mask on. Possible precursor to sleep apnea?

Like several folks have said, use the mask that works best for you. It may take a while, but you will find it.

Homer
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-11-2017, 10:58 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: I can only answer for me. I choose Nasal pillows for comfort.

This.

Occasionally, I will get irritation around one of my nostrils and will switch to a Nasal mask... that actually reduces leakage to nearly zero compared to the pillows, but it also results in more congestion due to the pressure on the bridge of my nose.

If I have a cold or for some reason am otherwise very congested, I'll switch to a full face, but my leakage does increase.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 521 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,604 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 345 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 702 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 399 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
Angry [Health] I have to tighten my mask so badly that my face gets puffy... CantSleepWell 10 595 02-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.