Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Correct Treatment???
Correct Treatment???
Hello,

I'm a first time poster here and looking for some advice to make sure I'm on the right treatment path. Getting anything done with my health care provider takes pulling teeth, I'm using a Philips dream station with Resmed f30 mask and it seems some night my machine maxes out at 20cm of pressure (10-20 AUTO) and some night it is staying really low. Just really trying to get some advice if I'm on the right settings/treatment path.

Thanks Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Correct Treatment???
You are using a 10-20 range of pressure.  With the Dreamstation it would take a pretty good cluster of apnea to drive pressure to 20, and I think that is a clue to the real problem.  I suspect you have positional apnea where the airway becomes obstructed due to tucking your chin towards your chest.  Many members of this forum have dealt with this.  Take a look at these two wiki articles, then consider posting your OSCAR chart.  We can tell right away if it is a likely positional issue or something else.

Positional Apnea
Soft Cervical Collar
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, first time here and I'm just a little confused is there a way I can upload all of my data , or do I just post screenshots of certain days?
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the Apnea Board. I'd suggest OSCAR Daily screenshots.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
These are just a handful of the nights that stand out to me. Any advice would be appreciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Events on 10/4 appear distributed with pretty good results and some flow limits and snores, minor hypopnea.
The OA cluster on 10/3 at 03:00 is positional, lots of flow limits and snores and a couple hypopnea clusters
Strong clusters on 9/25 at 03:40 and 06:15
Hypopnea clusters on 9/27.

I think this confirms my suspicions in post #2 that you are getting pretty good treatment overall, but occasionally tuck your chin or find some other way to occlude your airway. It's very common, and these clustered events are the signature of the problem. You can probably test this simply by siting in a chair and relax, letting your chin drop to your chest. I suspect you will feel much more breathing obstruction as your chin drops, or just apply light pressure with your hand behind the chin to the soft tissue under the jaw. When that happens in your sleep, it causes those clusters. They last until you arouse enough to open the airway, and then everything looks normal, sometimes all night.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the advice, I’m gonna search for some collars and see how it goes!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Please help interpret data to improve treatment length during the night GalaxyPast 3 138 04-14-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: GalaxyPast
  Finding the Correct Mask snpperhd 6 152 04-13-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: snpperhd
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 116 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 223 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 19 627 04-02-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] TiredFGO - Treatment Thread TiredFGO 1 125 03-30-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 142 03-27-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.