Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Do These Trigger an Event? [Apnea higher with machine than without]
Do These Trigger an Event? [Apnea higher with machine than without]
Two weeks in with APAP machine. Still trying to find correct pressures and mask (Sleep Study pressure too low). So far, AHI is higher with machine than without one. So I was wondering if any of the following are interpreted as an "Event" by the machine --
  • Cough
  • Yawn
  • Sniff
  • Deep breath
  • Rolling over (from one side to the other)
  • Leg tremors

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Do These Trigger an Event?
Welcome to the Apnea Board

In answer to your question, rolling over usually will cause an event, a Central apnea, because you hold your breath when you roll.

We can give you much more help if you post your daily charts from OSCAR
Post Reply Post Reply
Which file(s) do I post? Summaries?
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Markgrant. Welcome to Apnea Board.

We need to see the daily page. Please ensure the page is formatted according to the instructions here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization That will ensure we see the most important stuff.
Post Reply Post Reply
Unclear. One day? All days? Overview?
Post Reply Post Reply
Screenshot? Specific file in Oscar folder? It doesn't say in the article.

Sorry but I'm new to this.
Post Reply Post Reply
See the section in the article titled "Use F12 take a screenshot".
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi again Markgrant. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

In Oscar, go to the Daily Page. Follow the instructions to organise the page for uploading - pay particular to which graphs are on show, turn off the pie chart and turn off the calendar. The graphs we need to see are: Event Flags, Flow Rate, Pressure, Leak Rate and Flow Limit.

If the page is not already maximised (ie occupies the whole screen) press F11 to maximise it. Then press F12 to take a screenshot - that is an image of the whole daily page. The screenshot is stored as an image file in your screenshots folder, which (on a Windows machine) will be something like c:\users\..yourname..\OscarData\Screenshots. If you can't find the right folder, go back to Oscar and in the menu, select Help | About Oscar. On the About screen there will be a link to your data folder.

We need to see at least one, preferably two or three screenshots from last night and the preceding nights.

Hope this is clear now. Please don't hesitate to ask if you need anything further.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are Oscars for last night and night before. Thanks for any help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   MG Sept 26 #1 copy.png.zip (Size: 768.27 KB / Downloads: 2)
Post Reply Post Reply
Several things are evident.
1. your obstructive events are clustered, the most likely means your head is tucking forward toward your chest causing a positional obstruct6ive apnea.  A good fix for this is an anti-snoring or sleep collar or a soft cervical collar fitted just tight enough to prevent the chin from tucking inside.  See the Soft Cervical Collar link in my signature.

2. You are having Flow Limit, RERA, Snores, and Hypopnea issues.  These are best treated with Pressure Support, unfortunately your machine does not have Pressure Support.  The next best in increasing pressure.  Raise min pressure to 7 and max pressure to 15 to address this.  Repost after using these changes for re-evaluation.

3. Your respiration rate is erratic and your expiration/inspiration ratio is off.  I'm not sure what this means.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 615 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [CPAP] Can pressure wanting to go higher actually be due to leakage? richapple 1 105 03-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 399 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Diagnosis] WatchPAT sleep apena diagnosis low AHI higher RDI. Need advice godiego 22 3,431 02-28-2024, 02:39 PM
Last Post: godiego
Question OSCAR: Cheyne Stokes listed in event summary list but can't find a single event eyeloveeyez 5 330 02-12-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Central apnea, graphs' meaning and ASV machine settings GT26 4 248 02-09-2024, 12:11 PM
Last Post: GT26
  AirCurve 10 Vauto - Trigger Settings MrIvanDrago 1 327 02-08-2024, 05:31 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.