Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Do VAutos have any firmware or electronics changes to consider before buying new?
Do VAutos have any firmware or electronics changes to consider before buying new?
I want to order a new AirCurve10 VAuto, from one of our AB listed vendors within hours, and would appreciate word on any device or firmware changes and, if any, their significance.
I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Do VAutos have any firmware or electronics changes to consider before buying new?
The nice thing about the AC10 VAuto is that it has been out long enough that it is considered a stable device. They are the cat's meow.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Do VAutos have any firmware or electronics changes to consider before buying new?
Thank you CN and a hearty second from me, but don't want to forfeit any significant VAuto improvements that are known here. 

So used to my Vauto's great results the past couple years--long freed of lethe-sunken Autoset great-FL-escapes-- I'm close to being lulled into experimenting one night. Use only my c-collar, supinity block, pulse oximeter and, maybe, my accelerometer to record how it goes. If I awaken with that old dry lizard back in my mouth a time or two, maybe don my usual Silipos mouth seal--if hosing up doesn't seem necessary. But my wife long ago fled our bed for another across the hall: too much noise, airflow. So there will be no elbow nor "Roll over". One thinks back to Justice Scalia's end with his mask off (if that explains his death and our country's loss).

It would scratch my itches to see the most declarative quantitative data and graphics a mere patient like me could gather from such home experiments.

All this gadgetry we can fiddle with. Aren't there user friendly rental or consumer level pneumotachometer setups, too?   ('Got to read at that link more closely. Great stuff about nasal and upper airways.)

I've been going more nearly bare back with just a hose, always the c-collar, often the oximeter, and sometimes the Dreem 2 (which can't distinguish WAKE from REM very well--the main reason I bought and gave it a try, foolishly hoping to get a better grip on what arousals look like exactly). 

My VAuto's OSCAR montages of the sleep metrics are ho-hum thanks to its way-back settings from SR . The whole sleep topic is fascinating, but my VAuto curves no longer are.  'Am fortunate to have only OA and FL that are largely positional and highly suppressed by VAuto and c-collar.

I have, here and there, done your check of synch between my CMS50I and the VAuto clock at startup, but have only once remembered to do it at the end of sleep. That hand of mine hits the VAuto button reflexively as I rise and unmask. If it would be of any value, I could lay out more of what data I have and try again. The most practical approach for me is to periodically note Fast and Slow for each device according to my old Blackberry's analog clock. Then, occasionally, reconcile those for use in other graphs so as to have all synchronized. Fortunately, the Dreem 2 is fixed on local GMT, best I can tell--one thing accurate in it. Its time agrees with the Blackberry's.
I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply
Probably not much firmware or software updates on their to-do list. ResMed 10 with Winders 10 perhaps.

To enter Clinical Menu push home, dial, and power. As in control+alt+delete.

To stop therapy, push the start button.

Only to be topped by the display; red screen of ghoul.
[Image: 0zH2uh1.jpg]

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you meaning that you are going to order a new vauto 10 to replace the vauto 10 that you already have?

I think that the real question is when does the AirCurve vauto 11 come out, and what goodies will it have? RERA detection? Some "for her" variation? EasyBreathe?

The Autoset 10 came out in summer/fall 2014 -- when did the vauto 10 come out?

The Autoset 10 version that added RERA detection was like 2016? 2017?

Given the current state of supplies (the worldwide chip shortage and PR recall are pretty much a perfect storm) I would imagine that the vauto 11 is going to be quite some time in coming.
Post Reply Post Reply
@cathyf:

I can only respond to your first and last items. Else? No idea.

The new VAuto is to be at hand or in use if the older one with higher hours should fail. 

The older one, with high hours I purchased used (with low "Run hr"), might have been refurbished. I don't know if the "odometer" was reset nor what the expected remaining run  time to failure is. 

I see there are comparably priced units, sold as refurbished, which are clearly identified as such. That  may or may not be because  of  a "Run hr" reset to zero. From a marketing point of view it seems a reset would be done. Who wants to knowingly buy a $1200 refurbished unit showing  high hours?

What's high? We see mentions of devices running still after 20,000 hours. What's refurbished? New motor or not or maybe?

Again, I don't have any idea about when a VAuto 11 will be available. Seems it could be either later or sooner than would be expected absent the PR recall. Later if it is innovative, I expect, though.

Re my recent thread about buying the new unit for $1225, I commented about having to "go by the numbers" less than how I felt. I'd be interested in comments from your experience.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Resvent iMatrix Software & Firmware Update for iBreeze machines SuperSleeper 1 1,428 10-13-2023, 08:16 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Dreamstation 2 Auto CPAP Advanced firmware arnold1205 5 2,868 09-15-2023, 10:49 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  Current firmware for the Philips dreamstation johnathonm 177 83,338 08-30-2023, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  Upgrade [firmware] issues with Dreamstation Go heavydpj 2 1,362 11-26-2021, 02:11 AM
Last Post: zellem
  CMS-50F firmware upgrade sleeplessin 5 1,011 05-17-2021, 10:23 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Dreamstation firmware Dafod 3 1,854 01-28-2020, 06:28 PM
Last Post: Dafod
Arrow CMS50D+ pulse oximeter firmware update ChuckP 1 1,726 01-24-2020, 11:56 AM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.