Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Do any of you take aspirin at night?
Do any of you take aspirin at night?
Aspirin is pretty safe and has numerous benefits. We also have a long history of "testing" it in the real world.

However, don't forget that it's still real medicine. Don't get carried away with it. Be aware of the side effects, especially if you are taking it regularly or taking large doses.

I was taking it pretty regularly when I had some knee problems. It turned out to be a bone bruise, and I suspect the aspirin was making it worse by increasing the bleeding.

I'll also throw out my usual "broken record" warning to be very careful not to overdose on Tylenol/Acetaminophen. It can do permanent liver damage in a few days if you take a few times the recommended amount. Especially don't overdo NyQuil or take it with other drugs like Tylenol or Vicodin.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Do any of you take aspirin at night?
What he said.

Look, it is very simple - in medicine more is NOT better, it is deadly. The dosages given in the literature that accompanies the package are really the maximum safe dosages that you should take unsupervised. More than that without supervision can be dangerous or even deadly, and even aspirin overdoses can cause some pretty nasty things, including kidney damage and haemorrhaging, so just keep it low and safe. At any rate, the studies done on aspirins and heart attacks showed that a low dose is just as effective as a higher dose - there is no reason to do full doses on this.

Moreover, although the effective maximum life of aspirin is around four hours, the half life is 24, and the effective protection is based on that. So two aspirins a day, morning and night is something your physician should recommend, and only if you have certain conditions and not as a general prophylaxis - dosing yourself that way may not be to your benefit. Ask your doctor, and be sure of why you want it like that. What you think may be an effective regimen may not be.

And to be a broken record - if you lose weight, exercise, eat healthily and don't smoke or drink, aspirin is superfluous, at any age, and all studies support that, too. So hi thee to a gym and get physical.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2013, 01:14 AM)me50 Wrote: I am just wondering if your doctor told you to take an aspirin at night with a glass of water? Thanks.

Not me, but I sometimes urge my girlfriend to.

Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't tough the stuff - I am allergic to it and it would cure my OSA permanently.

Last time I accidentally took aspirin (in a Codral over 20 years ago - I have since learnt how to read labels carefully) - I spent 3 days in bed with regular antihistamine treatments to stay breathing. Damn slow release drugs.

My allergist says that its too dangerous to try and de-sensitize me to it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-12-2013, 10:15 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote:
(09-10-2013, 01:14 AM)me50 Wrote: I am just wondering if your doctor told you to take an aspirin at night with a glass of water? Thanks.

Grin

Uh, if not with water, then with what? Milk also works, but not a good idea for CPAP users (phlegm forming).
Post Reply Post Reply
Uh, if not with water, then with what? Milk also works, but not a good idea for CPAP users (phlegm forming).
[/quote]

It has to be with one or 2 glasses of water rather than a sip of water; no milk

Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-12-2013, 10:15 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote:

Took a moment, but finally got it. Dielaughing

[ Hint: "Not tonight, I've got a headache." ]
Post Reply Post Reply
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/daily-a...py/HB00073

Please read this very informative info from the Mayo Clinic on the subject of daily aspirin just as a cautionary move. DJ
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 850 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 898 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Great Night into Terrible Night dcsleep 1 1,110 12-15-2020, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] AHI varies from night to night KKBW 6 1,341 07-31-2020, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  New to CPAP - First Night Great, Second Night not so much oasised 22 3,234 07-24-2020, 10:26 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Here is my data from 3rd night and Friday night slingshot383 16 2,252 05-25-2020, 05:35 AM
Last Post: slingshot383
Question One night AHI 0, next night leaks and high AHI. MyronH 7 2,202 09-29-2018, 09:29 AM
Last Post: MyronH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.