Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Do cats attack CPAPs or their plastic parts?
RE: Do cats attack CPAPs or their plastic parts?
I am a new pap user for about two weeks and I have a cat. My Marty was at first freaked out (got all puffy and hissed at it), then he got curious for a few days batting the hose and annoyed that it was in his space (this was before I got the hose cozy and a hook), and now he has embraced it and pretty much leaves it alone and actually sleeps in his usual spot which is right under my hose hook.

I think like anything new they need a couple of days to adjust and sometimes don’t make a big deal of it because they feed off of that.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I don't have cats anymore but they never bothered with it. My dog on the other hand... he would chew on it.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
Since I started using a CPAP we have had 5 or 6 cats - none of which have every bothered my equipment. They mostly lay next to it when it's on since it does vibrate slightly or completely ignore it. We did have one cat that loved to sleep on my stomach but did not appreciate the wind tunnel that ruffled her fur!
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
One of my cats learned that if she could wake me by other means, turning off the machine would work. I fixed that by putting a cover over the switch. Let's see if she can move the cover. Too-funny
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
One of the cats could care less and the other thinks a monster eats my face at night. I'd be more concerned with a dog. They like things that smell like you.
A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures for everything.
Irish Proverb
Post Reply Post Reply
My dog has been around CPAP since he was a puppy and as a result is totally desensitized to respirators and ventilators of all kinds. He is a therapy dog and visits in hospitals and nursing homes.  Sometimes the patients are in pretty distressed shape, and sometimes not, but he is mostly appreciated if there is any consciousness. The stroke patients are tough.  My dog Louie is a gift to those that can't be home, and respirators or CPAPs don't make much difference to him.  He also sits quietly at the bar. Wonder-dog.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files

How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a cairn terrier and he could care less about the CPAP but some pups just like things that taste like you. My husband's hearing tech said not to leave his hearing aids out for that reason.

Just off topic I think therapy dogs are such a gift. I worked in a hospital for many years and people would just light up to see the pets come in.
A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures for everything.
Irish Proverb
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  P's Neck (and misc pieces parts) PaulaO2 14 1,880 12-19-2015, 08:18 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Huh? Low-salt diet ups risk of fatal heart attack? ApneaNews 15 5,269 10-05-2013, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Don in Austin
  Cats being jerks for no apparent reason cbramsey 2 1,819 03-10-2013, 01:44 PM
Last Post: cbramsey
  Proof that Cats are better than Dogs!!!!! cbramsey 13 5,266 01-04-2013, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Shastzi
  An Engineer's Guide to Cats cbramsey 2 1,656 01-02-2013, 11:08 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Parts is parts mjbearit 0 1,219 06-07-2012, 09:52 AM
Last Post: mjbearit

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.