Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Do central apneas while awake count?
Do central apneas while awake count?
I’m joking really because obviously they don’t.  If you take those off, last night’s report was perfect!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Do central apneas while awake count?
I don't know that I can agree.  If your purpose while wearing the machine is to rest/sleep, and apneas lead to arousals or delay of sleep, this can have a deleterious effect over time. Also, the sleep-onset variety of apneas are real, and they're a real concern for the same reasons.  With each arousal, you're going to generate adrenaline, and chronic adrenal activity can lead to adrenal failure (yup, it's a thing), elevated levels of cortisol (hardly ever good in the modern non-caveman age), and generalized anxiety, possibly leading to the eponymous disorder.

Overactive Adrenal Glands | Cedars-Sinai
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 25 545 3 minutes ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,515 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,398 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 855 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 211 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 265 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  [Treatment] Having several Unclassified Apneas.... meatheadmd 7 303 03-19-2024, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.