Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Do i need a chinstrap?
Do i need a chinstrap?
Hi - My only, very short, experience with masks in the Amara View which i understand is a full face mask. However, i have a problem every night with the mask slipping up and covering my bottom lip. I am a SNORER which suggests i sleep with my mouth open. Does this impact upon the effectiveness of my treatment? I have attached graphs in another post on the software blog. If having my mouth open is a problem would the treatment be improved by using a chin strap?

Huh
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Do i need a chinstrap?
(01-09-2017, 11:13 AM)Johnboy Wrote: Hi - My only, very short, experience with masks in the Amara View which i understand is a full face mask. However, i have a problem every night with the mask slipping up and covering my bottom lip. I am a SNORER which suggests i sleep with my mouth open. Does this impact upon the effectiveness of my treatment? I have attached graphs in another post on the software blog. If having my mouth open is a problem would the treatment be improved by using a chin strap?

Huh

It is a relatively cheap ($15) experiment. In my case, I found that I needed the chin strap only at higher pressures and not so much at lower pressures. I am using the ResMed Mirage Activa LT since I am not normally a mouth-breather.

Best of luck with your therapy.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Do i need a chinstrap?
Get yourself a mask liner (Supplier #31). Solved my slipping problem with this mask (although it is a backup).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question ChinStrap & Data tblaster 2 403 11-28-2023, 10:59 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Trouble getting Knightsbridge chinstrap slowe 9 879 11-27-2023, 03:05 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question [CPAP] AirTouch F20 troubles - nose pillows better? but I snore..chinstrap? Lilaq88 5 853 07-26-2022, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Unique Cpap chinstrap Ctyankee 1 649 03-31-2022, 08:38 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Chinstrap recommendations? djhvyc 6 2,001 02-14-2021, 10:56 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Bit of a battle with the chinstrap, P10 itch Bassline 9 1,990 07-05-2019, 03:02 AM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  No sweat chinstrap damonbarnum 9 2,636 05-07-2019, 02:54 PM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.