Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Do others switch between masks every so often?
RE: Do others switch between masks every so often?
Thanks for the replies, looks like I can just keep the pressure settings the same when changing between full face masks and hybrids. 
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
my airsense lets me choose from three types of masks in the Options file. I assume that compensates for pressure settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes that should compensate properly between the 3 settings.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I primarily use the F30, which I have several of. I also have a F&P Evora, a nasal mask, that I sometimes use.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I do switch masks periodically. When I find a mask I like, I stick with it until I don't like it... and then I keep it for backup.

As I've tried different masks, I realize what I need or want in a mask (ie: the headgear fitting a certain way, the mask not pushing on certain parts of my face, the vent working a certain way, etc.). It helps me narrow the focus on which masks I try in the future.

I loved the P10, but after about a year on it I could no longer keep my mouth closed at night. What I realize now is that it began(?) not venting out my exhaled air well. So as I've looked for other masks, I've held the P10 as the standard by which I measure other masks. I've actually recently gone back to the P10 (after 2 years away?), but I poked holes in the mesh of the diffuser so it would vent more of my exhaled air... and now it is working great for me!

So who knows which mask will be next? I always hope the mask I've found to be great will continue to be great.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am the contrarian curmudgeon here. I have use the Airfit P10 every night for over 5 years and never considered switching.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Me either. And I do have several other masks that fit well and do not leak for me including the Amara View in my Avatar.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hydrangea, interesting what you write about the vent on the P10. Like you, it was the perfect mask for me for many years but suddenly I started 'mouth farting' etc. and my leak rate went through the roof. When I tried it again recently that was no longer an issue, but I put it down to my using a neck brace, which really seems to help keep my mouth shut. Now, for two nights I've used Fixomul flex tape on my mouth and have found that I can tolerate that easily. But my leak rate has still been high! I've replaced the straps and pillows on this mask but not the headgear itself, thinking that wasn't crucial on this design. Maybe it is! any insight by anyone on this? (I may need a separate thread for this. ) I'[d rather not spend the money on a whole new headgear; straps and pillows are much cheaper.
Post Reply Post Reply
I fooled around trying masks in the beginning. When i tried the quattro FX it worked perfect. I have never switched from that mask. I will use it until i can no longer get it. In anticipation of it getting discontinued some day, i get the mask, cushions and headgear as often as i can. if it does get discontinued or prices go crazy i will be able to carry on for a long time after.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
I have 3 different masks (need to update avatar msg). Currently using a Fisher Patel FlexiFit431. The straps suck, but it goes under my chin and currently I leave it on most nights, where my newer resmed one I kept flinging off in my sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 10 - Bright light from on/off switch Dagmar 6 11,079 03-03-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: E.W.
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 349 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  Switch to AirSense VAuto for UARS/low AHI lexit957 1 302 01-22-2024, 09:18 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 221 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 4 412 01-20-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Other masks to try? acordeon 5 496 01-01-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  [Equipment] 12 months of therapy. Tried several masks/nothing working Tiredkiwi 5 493 12-30-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.