Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Do others switch between masks every so often?
Do others switch between masks every so often?
I grew a goatee again after years of being clean shaven. My Airfit F30 had been working well for leaks and AHI, but the beard seemed to cause problems and my leak rate went up. Also, this mask doesn't come in a large, and on some nights my lower lip would work its way outside the mask over and over. So I got out my beloved P10 that I had to give up because of mouth breathing, I thought. I now use a neck collar to keep my mouth shut and I had a run of nights with a pretty good leak rate, certainly better than the Airfit and goatee.

But suddenly my leak rate went up over several nights with the P10, even one night when I taped my mouth. so maybe it's a different issue.

Last night it was back to the Airfit and my leak rate was excellent. No issues with my lower lip. slept great. Go figure. My guess is that this whole cycle will recur. do others have this experience?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Do others switch between masks every so often?
I rotate between the AirFit F20 and the F30. I primarily use the F30 though.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have swapped various masks in/out on a random schedule. Others appear to do so as well. I had done so as I was attempting to get Nasal or Pillows masks to work. I don't have a valid reason to say only use one specific mask, unless only it works well. Then there's no reason to change it. Change just to change isn't worth my time. I do so if/when I have a goal of some sort, like going to less invasive mask footprint, or it's not comfortable or high uncontrolled leaks.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I switch between a p10 and a bleep sleep I use the p10 when I can’t be bothered to shave but it leaks much more due to movement than the bleep mask
Post Reply Post Reply
Mostly between a p10 and P30i with the p10 being the most used, especially in the summer.
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply
It seems odd to find a mask that really works, and then it doesn't and another older mask fills in great. then back again. You'd think one best mask would do the trick.

I put new pillows in my P10 along with new straps...and had two bad leak nights in a row. One night I was taped so it wasn't that. last night I went back to the F30. worked great after not working two weeks ago. Next week the P10 will work I bet.

Maybe our face shapes change subtly from night to night...
Post Reply Post Reply
For the most part, my AirFit F30 works very well for the better part of the night. But, it seems to leak more towards the morning. 

I don't know if it's cause the silicone cushion heats up from the heat my face puts out and then gets mushy and such.  Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the question, I was wondering just recently what % of folk on PAP therapy use only one mask.

I suspect most pappers change masks frequently, at least when I read the forum one of the common questions is which mask to use, stop leaks etc.

My question is this:

When you do change from one mask to another one, do you keep your pressures and EPR/PS setting the same?

I guess that when I swap from nasal to FFM or vice versa some change needs to be made to the pressure settings (and of course to tell the machine which type of mask you are using)

Or do the same pressures work for all FFMs for example?
Post Reply Post Reply
I swap between the n30 and the Evora mask.  If I have a cold then I would use a ffm .  I don’t change any settings except when I use a ffm just change setting to that type of mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I swap masks back & forth, I change nothing in regards to machine adjustments.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 10 - Bright light from on/off switch Dagmar 6 11,073 03-03-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: E.W.
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 345 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  Switch to AirSense VAuto for UARS/low AHI lexit957 1 299 01-22-2024, 09:18 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 219 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 4 409 01-20-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Other masks to try? acordeon 5 495 01-01-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  [Equipment] 12 months of therapy. Tried several masks/nothing working Tiredkiwi 5 492 12-30-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.