Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Do sleep aids effect sleep study results
RE: Do sleep aids effect sleep study results

Here's one where I did not take the pill, woke up and couldn't get back to sleep until I did take 4 mg of Ambien  (I cut down my 10mg pills).
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Thanks for the help. Will keep this in mind for my next sleep studies.
Post Reply Post Reply
@Rich66
I am not an expert , like you cut half ambient to use for go back to sleep. 
I also tried Melatonin 10 mg bought at Costco, felt in sleep with in an hour but wake up after an hour or so. A friend told me I have to use at least a week or so to get the effect. I will put my result with and without pill, hopefully soon. 

Here I found 

First part is with Melatonin, Second part is with Ambient. I was in hospital with my mom that night, on bed at 5 Am, and this is my first time of trying Melatonin 10 mg. I am sure because of timing and all things may be not say thing clearly.
Most junkie shown are Central airleak because of wake up. Big air leak appeared because I did not attached the tube into my full mask. What's an old guy huh?

Here is last night result , not ambient but Gabapentin 300 mg, sleep like a baby.

Not intend to go deeper about sleepy pill, I hope some one more knowledge give their inputs on this topic which is yes or no to take pill when doing sleep study, or do both in sleep study .
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3 Months Until Sleep Study Hoagie73 25 425 3 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Idea [Treatment] ASV settings for treatment of complex sleep apnea JoeyWallaby 151 5,726 6 hours ago
Last Post: Geer1
  sleep study(sorry long post) Johnejust 4 117 Today, 02:56 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  need interpretation of sleep study data JenniferJuniper 17 408 11-26-2020, 06:16 PM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  Sleep onset issues NewToSleepApnea 1 143 11-26-2020, 02:42 AM
Last Post: NewToSleepApnea
  New Dx, 4 sleep studies in 3 weeks, feel left hanging with questions emmylouwho 28 466 11-25-2020, 02:13 PM
Last Post: emmylouwho
  New Sleep Log Mjmcd 3 147 11-24-2020, 08:24 AM
Last Post: cpaper101

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.