Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Do u guys have this obsession?
RE: Do u guys have this obsession?
I must be a real slacker, because I don't look at my graph from one Dr's visit to the next and they are 12 months apart.
I look at the screen on my Resmed each morning to see if the little face is red or green that indicates a leaky mask or not during the night, beyond that I go for months until I read something here or on the net that piques my interest and requires me to look at my SD card.
Pedro
Post Reply Post Reply
No. I may look once or twice a year. For the most part, I find the data reporting useless unless somebody is trying to diagnose a specific problem, re-titrate their pressures (which I successfully did for five years without data), or some other thing (I looked at it when I was measuring the current draw for my various machines). Other than that, it is an entertainment feature. You used the term "obsession"; I didn't.
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply
Started my PAP journey in April this year. Think I had untreated sleep apnea (albeit moderate) for a few years and was suffering badly by the time I started therapy so yes I was rather obsessive when I was learning to read the SH data. I convinced myself APAP rather than CPAP was what I needed and only recently got my APAP so yes am still obsessed particularly during this break.

Reckon all this will cease come the new year when normal life activities resume.
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Guys  like    Guess I am behaving normal and I do expect me to only look at stats when sleep didn't go as well as intended.

Have a great and wonderful 2018 ahead!  Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Being obsessed with SleepyHead output testifies that you are committed to learning about and participating in your healthcare decisions.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am definitely obsessed but Hey! it is your health we are talking about here , I dont want to be a zombie anymore..............
Post Reply Post Reply
Being on this therapy for more than a score of years, as long as I wake up every time refreshed, I won't check the data.  If not, I'll briefly look at the screen for hours and data.  I may run SleepyHead once a year, if I'm bored.  oldman
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a big curious nerd and wanted to see what data was being stored on the sd card. Sleepyhead was the first software I downloaded and it is the best. I played with it for a while and got bored. Back in September I opened the software again when I joined this forum to gather titration opinions. I'm going back to the sleep doc again in February. i thought about taking the data with me but I don't think it's necessary. The therapy is working very well. That's about all they will want to know. I used to check dream mapper daily but I have waned in that habit. I look at it couple times a week or so. Obsessed? Nah.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm obsessed. I have kept a log from Sleephead every day since I started in September of 2015. I chart from the events tab plus AHI. I keep notes of mask and pressure changes, etc. I guess it just lets me think I have some control.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-29-2017, 11:22 AM)HalfAsleep Wrote: Being obsessed with SleepyHead output testifies that you are committed to learning about and participating in your healthcare decisions.

+1
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea [Diagnosis] Help guys! alexfryatt1993 9 744 01-23-2023, 01:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Guys can someone please explain all the different settings on a BiPap (Philips) Zoltyzolt 2 733 03-12-2022, 09:58 AM
Video [Diagnosis] Hi guys starting therapy today, could someone explain my sleep study IwantToSleep123 6 994 08-14-2021, 01:27 AM
Last Post: IwantToSleep123
  Accolades to the guys here! Danno54 3 772 09-17-2020, 06:38 PM
Surprised Night 8, it's already Love - Hate. So glad I found you guys! FE350 148 13,594 01-08-2020, 09:33 AM
  Hey Guys, Help Tweaking machine Justbreath 25 3,243 06-05-2019, 06:21 PM
  Do you guys unplug your CPAP after it cools down? vroomvroom 13 4,397 04-01-2019, 12:48 AM
Last Post: ardenum

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.