Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Do u guys have this obsession?
Do u guys have this obsession?
Hi Gents/Ladies,

Started my CPAP journey just early this Dec and I have been tracking my progress with SH on daily basis, esp interested to find out why some days I woke up feeling awesome while some days with headaches.   So far, I aren't able to tell what are key parameters that differentiate between the "awesome" vs "not optimal" nights.

My wife felt that this is my latest obsession and I will stop doing it after 2 months but I think otherwise.   Grin

Do you guys have the same obsession of looking at SH stats on daily basis?

Taking this opportunity to wish everyone a Happy 2018 ahead!  Sleep-well

Cheers,
Roy
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Do u guys have this obsession?
I've been a PAPper for 3 months. Feels like a lifetime. I'm starting to let up on the amount of time I spend looking at SleepyHead data. However, I continue to write notes (including whether I wake up to alarm or not) in case I need to make an assertive follow up presentation to the doc. I look at events and the overall quality of my breathing. I do have some extremely long events and like to keep track of those. I capture bookmarks at key places in case I need evidence-based examples for follow ups.

In early days, SleepyHead was important for me to figure out leaks. By analyzing the graphs, I could really work at learning how to prevent them and get immediate feedback.

My pattern of observing SleepyHead data has proved valuable. Evidently, I might need a machine other than APAP and this gives me whys and wherefores.
Post Reply Post Reply
I started CPAP back around June and I've been tracking daily every since, but it's been a long journey of different settings, different titration studies, and finally moved from CPAP to ASV.  I suppose as I settle down I will be looking less frequently but I've been still trying to determine what is the optimal setting.
Post Reply Post Reply
Roy, Having been on the hose for 11 years now, I stopped looking at detailed graphs sometime ago, but I continue the daily habit of checking the numbers on the machine's screen each morning before turning it off and removing the water reservoir to empty it, etc. I used to print out a few detailed graphs from ResScan before sleep doc visits to show him, but that's no longer necessary. When I did print detailed graphs, I used ResScan software instead of SH primarily because the sleep docs were familiar with ResScan but didn't know a thing about SH. 

David
Post Reply Post Reply
Been on therapy for just over a year.
I installed Toshiba FlashAir cards in both my machine and my wife's. I'll generally download every morning before work... may or may not look closely at the graphs, sometimes I'll wait to actually import into SH until after I'm home from work.

Wife doesn't care. She'd check the Resmed MyAir app on her phone once in a great while for the first couple of months. Never looks at SH. It's a good thing our insurance company doesn't monitor compliance after 90 days because she's only about 60% compliant.... Her sleep schedule is messed up from her pain killers, plus getting up with me at 4am (often after not going to bed until 2) and she'll often not put her mask on when she goes back to bed, thinking she's only going to nap for an hour or so.

But we don't keep each other awake anymore, so there's that Big Grin
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes I am obsessed. And I Will be until I a get consistent average of <2.0 (Well maybe 1.0). Can you tell I'm a perfectionist?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Iso0725,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Started therapy a little over three years ago. The first five or six months, I looked at SleepyHead every day.

Now, I just look at the machine display in the morning. If all appears well and AHI is under 1, I don’t look any further.

If I haven’t slept well, or AHI is over 1, then I pop the SD card out to look at data.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Iso0725/Roy,

I imported data from the SD card daily and studying the charts on SleepyHead daily for the first month on my ASV machine. But over the past 2 months, maybe I'll check it once a week. If I feel that something had changed, I would check it again without hesitation, but my therapy is settled into a very good status right now, certainly considering where it was when I started.

Happy New Year.

Dave
lots-o-coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used to check data all the time.
Now I'm dialed in to 1 ahi or under for myself and the wife.

As long as the machine screen shows that and no periodic breathing in the morning I go no further.
I'll download data about every 30 days for a quick look over.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea [Diagnosis] Help guys! alexfryatt1993 9 724 01-23-2023, 01:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Guys can someone please explain all the different settings on a BiPap (Philips) Zoltyzolt 2 714 03-12-2022, 09:58 AM
Video [Diagnosis] Hi guys starting therapy today, could someone explain my sleep study IwantToSleep123 6 978 08-14-2021, 01:27 AM
Last Post: IwantToSleep123
  Accolades to the guys here! Danno54 3 745 09-17-2020, 06:38 PM
Surprised Night 8, it's already Love - Hate. So glad I found you guys! FE350 148 13,296 01-08-2020, 09:33 AM
  Hey Guys, Help Tweaking machine Justbreath 25 3,188 06-05-2019, 06:21 PM
  Do you guys unplug your CPAP after it cools down? vroomvroom 13 4,356 04-01-2019, 12:48 AM
Last Post: ardenum

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.