Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Do u guys have this obsession?
RE: Do u guys have this obsession?
There. I just checked it. Again.

Kinda part of my morning routine now, along with my freshly ground, SPP-certified authentic fair trade, bio/organic certified, eco-friendly CO2 certified carbon credit purchase to finance reforestation projects in Nicaragua, co-op grown, children's school fundraising, Guatemalan dark roast robusta* cup of joeCoffee   Commercial Link Removed.

OCD? Me?

*all absolutely true, BTW

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm the opposite; I don't check SH very frequently at all. I just uploaded data this morning - the first time in a couple months - because I've not felt so refreshed. I've changed no settings, etc., and was puzzled why things weren't as good as they first were when switching to autopap.

We hosers tend to think our numbers should be the same each and every night; and when they aren't, we assume we need to change settings. I'm not sure that's the right approach. It could just be normal that some nights provide better sleep than others. Now, that thought doesn't hold for long if you're consistently having crappy sleep. That would signal a need to change, in my humble opinion.

YMMV.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well FWIW I'll give a little more feedback. Being an ASV user with the probability of overlap syndrome, which is NOT the stomach drooping past the belt, but rather Apnea overlapping COPD.

I looked at my data on both the machine and Sleepyhead this week and studied trends and such. I'd not modified any setting besides comfort for over 2 months. I decided to turn up my EPAP Min .6 to get a bit MORE air. YES a real shocker there. I was at one time on the "lower the better" wagon because I "couldn't breathe out from all that pressure". I did have a valid point on CPAP of 20 cm but not so now with the ASV. Oh and I am used to breathing under pressure as well NOW.

So this week I've been monitoring my numbers lots more than normal, but after today, back to not really checking it. I've seen that my adjustment is good for better breathing and it lowered my already LOW AHI numbers from what seems like averages AHI's 2.1 for 2 + months down to 1.9 average the past week. But again, I'm tweaking for feel not the number chasing, but I improved both.

Dave
lots-o-coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ive never looked at any numbers ever. I dont see it helping me to be honest. i sleep pretty good most of the time and obsessing over numbers would definitely make me nuttier than i already am.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just started using my machine a little over a week ago.  I downloaded the software three days ago.  There is a lot of information to decipher and some of it I'm sure I never will fully understand.  I look at the data every morning.  What is odd to me is that the stats change each night.  Hadn't had a RERA; now the past two nights I have them.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2018, 08:30 PM)cant_sleep_in_nj Wrote: Ive never looked at any numbers ever. I dont see it helping me to be honest. i sleep pretty good most of the time and obsessing over numbers would definitely make me nuttier than i already am.

There is a middle ground between looking and obsessing.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-27-2017, 08:43 PM)Iso0725 Wrote: Hi Gents/Ladies,

Started my CPAP journey just early this Dec and I have been tracking my progress with SH on daily basis, esp interested to find out why some days I woke up feeling awesome while some days with headaches.   So far, I aren't able to tell what are key parameters that differentiate between the "awesome" vs "not optimal" nights.

My wife felt that this is my latest obsession and I will stop doing it after 2 months but I think otherwise.   Grin

Do you guys have the same obsession of looking at SH stats on daily basis?

Taking this opportunity to wish everyone a Happy 2018 ahead!  Sleep-well

Cheers,
Roy

Nope.  Have very little use for CPAP data.
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea [Diagnosis] Help guys! alexfryatt1993 9 726 01-23-2023, 01:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Guys can someone please explain all the different settings on a BiPap (Philips) Zoltyzolt 2 715 03-12-2022, 09:58 AM
Video [Diagnosis] Hi guys starting therapy today, could someone explain my sleep study IwantToSleep123 6 979 08-14-2021, 01:27 AM
Last Post: IwantToSleep123
  Accolades to the guys here! Danno54 3 749 09-17-2020, 06:38 PM
Surprised Night 8, it's already Love - Hate. So glad I found you guys! FE350 148 13,306 01-08-2020, 09:33 AM
  Hey Guys, Help Tweaking machine Justbreath 25 3,198 06-05-2019, 06:21 PM
  Do you guys unplug your CPAP after it cools down? vroomvroom 13 4,358 04-01-2019, 12:48 AM
Last Post: ardenum

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.