Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Do we all have different cycles or is it just me?
Do we all have different cycles or is it just me?
I have noticed that i go through different cycles of sleeping for instance
I will have 10 to 12 day's that its very hard to go to sleep,then when i can go to sleep i wake up 3 or 4 times that night and will be tired and draggy that day,then theres a time frame of about the same days that its hard to go to sleep but when i do i sleep 6 hours or so,then i have a cycle that i can go to sleep in 10 to 15 min's and sleep 6 to 6.5 hours.I will have all these cycles some more days some less.what im saying is for me it all changes from week to week day by day and was wondering if other people have these cycles? By the way CPAP has helped me a lot.Before CPAP tired all the time now i have many days that i feel good.
lonnie Smile
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Do we all have different cycles or is it just me?
I only time I experience anything like what your describing is when I do not get enough exercise to tire my body. On those nights, it feels like I toss and turn all night, never get a "good night's sleep", and consequently drag the next day. Before I retired, I awake in the middle of the night with programming bugs and fixes running through my brain because while my body was relaxed, my brain was still active. Now I do very little programming, so my brain has relaxed, but I must exercise to make the body need sleep to recuperate.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
thank you Bobg1946
only time I experience anything like what your describing is when I do not get enough exercise to tire my body.

hmm maybe i do need to get more exercise as i am retired thats a idea i can work on

Life is a lively process of becoming.
Douglas MacArthur
Post Reply Post Reply
I've heard about stuff like this happening because our internal cycle is not the same as the 24-hour cycle we live on. If, for example, your cycle is 26 hours you will always be lagging behind until something happens, like a day off, that allows you to get caught up.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There's a huge amount of study on sleep cycles, circadian rhythms, etc etc. There's so much that goes into getting adequate sleep.

Do some research into "sleep hygiene". Using those suggestions can help you to set a rhythm and to reset it when it gets wonky.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Do some research into "sleep hygiene". Using those suggestions can help you to set a rhythm and to reset it when it gets wonky.

thank you Paula I will do thatSmile

I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.
Lily Tomlin
Post Reply Post Reply
During the summer I tend to sleep more....sometimes I come home from work and sleep until I go to work. Recently there have been a few times where I slept through an entire day during the weekend.

Though now that I'm on Xyrem my sleep has been much more consistent.

Then there seem to be other cycles...like I seem to sleep better following my hormone shot and sleep pretty poorly the the few nights before it.

I slept horrible last night, but I'm due to get my next shot today. OTOH, I might have caught the summer cold....

The Dreamer
You may be a dreamer, but I'm The Dreamer, the definite article you might say!
Post Reply Post Reply
One thing for sure a lot of us have some trouble sleeping at times but what would we do without the machines,no matter what trouble i have sleeping it is no were as bad as it was before i did a sleep study and got my ResMed

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
Henry Ford
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea mystery: Cycles of normal, healthy sleep and apnea 'flare-up' periods lazysunday 9 1,584 12-17-2021, 03:35 PM
Last Post: Zackio
  Accurate device for consumers to measure sleep cycles? mikeuva123 8 2,361 08-05-2017, 07:15 PM
Last Post: robertbuckley
  sleep cycles and tiredness Tess 4 1,290 08-01-2017, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Tess
  CPAP Machine Release Cycles DevChuck 5 2,813 10-10-2016, 01:17 PM
Last Post: PoolQ
  Long cycles visible in Sleepyhead tfield98 2 1,319 05-06-2016, 04:37 PM
Last Post: richb
  Alternate sleep cycles chd3143 8 2,974 09-13-2014, 10:59 PM
Last Post: chd3143
  [News] Sleep Disorder Breathing As a Huge Health Issue & Sleep Cycles ApneaNews 0 2,154 11-29-2012, 11:10 AM
Last Post: ApneaNews

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.