Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Do you guys unplug your CPAP after it cools down?
Do you guys unplug your CPAP after it cools down?
I see the machine stays a slightly bit warm as I usually leave it on the bed when it's not in use. Whenever I have to replace the water and take out the chamber, it's also slightly warm. Does the CPAP unit need to stay constantly plugged in after I wake up in the morning?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Do you guys unplug your CPAP after it cools down?
I always keep mine plugged in. But I don't have it on the bed - all electronic gadgets should have a bit of air space around them. Do you have a bedside table you can use?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2019, 02:40 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: I always keep mine plugged in. But I don't have it on the bed - all electronic gadgets should have a bit of air space around them. Do you have a bedside table you can use?

Not exactly; I have a folding chair that I use during the night when the CPAP is in use, but if I keep it up, it blocks the door. That's why I leave the CPAP on the bed. I think maybe I'll just start to unplug it to avoid any issues with it being on the bed.
Post Reply Post Reply
You could place a large hardback book on the bed and then put the machine on top of that. That would keep an area around it for venting heat out and for allowing the filter to breathe air in.
Is there a switch on your machine that lets you completely turn it off before unplugging? I wouldn't unplug it while the screen and machine is still powered very often if there isn't an actual power switch on the machine besides the soft off of just the screen going black.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a ResMed Airsense 10 CPAP that I leave on to allow the system to perform it's cool down process. This lasts for 30 minutes and then I just turn off the machine, no need to unplug it.

As for leaving the machine on the bed there is another option and that that is a portable shelf consisting of a rectangle frame that slides between the mattress and box spring. When set up it the machine sits at the side of the bed and just a bit lower than your head. These shelves are available online. You could also fabricate a board from a sheet of wood if you don't want to spend the money for the shelf.
Post Reply Post Reply
When it's time to get up and out of bed for the day, I just reach over and turn my machine off. The green light on my AutoSet 10 machine is always on. 

I just went and checked my machine. It's completely cool to the touch. The only thing that remains a tab bit luke-warm, is it's power supply.
Post Reply Post Reply
What I've seen some people suggest when short of space is get a large chopping board, wedge it under the mattress and keep the CPAP on the sticking out cantilevered edge ?

This would save you some space and avoid you having to move it each day

Rob
Post Reply Post Reply
Just don't put it on the floor next to where a flatulent Saint Bernard sleeps.
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply
If insurance is covering your machine and is checking compliance with the modem in the machine and you unplug the machine, they will not receive reports.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2019, 05:47 AM)elwoodpdowd Wrote: I have a ResMed Airsense 10 CPAP that I leave on to allow the system to perform it's cool down process.  This lasts for 30 minutes and then I just turn off the machine, no need to unplug it.

The cool-down cycle starts when you turn the machine off. At the end of your 30-minute cool-down how do you turn the machine off? It's already off!
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea [Diagnosis] Help guys! alexfryatt1993 9 724 01-23-2023, 01:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Guys can someone please explain all the different settings on a BiPap (Philips) Zoltyzolt 2 714 03-12-2022, 09:58 AM
Video [Diagnosis] Hi guys starting therapy today, could someone explain my sleep study IwantToSleep123 6 978 08-14-2021, 01:27 AM
Last Post: IwantToSleep123
  Accolades to the guys here! Danno54 3 745 09-17-2020, 06:38 PM
  Do I unplug my machine after? Sleepgains 10 5,415 03-17-2020, 12:20 AM
Last Post: Ockrocket
  Question about turning machine off or unplug from wall Lee. 23 5,299 02-09-2020, 05:22 PM
Last Post: jaswilliams
Surprised Night 8, it's already Love - Hate. So glad I found you guys! FE350 148 13,296 01-08-2020, 09:33 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.