Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Do you have a favorite nasal pillow, other than the Airfit P10?
Do you have a favorite nasal pillow, other than the Airfit P10?
I'm happy with my therapy as is, but just for fun I think I'd like to experiment with some different masks. So, at the risk of being redundant with the title of this thread, have any of you nasal pillows die-hards found a mask that you prefer to the Airfit P10? It was only the 2nd mask I ever tried, the 1st being the N10.

The one feature that the P10 has that seems to beat the competition is the diffuser vents. Judging from reviews of other popular nasal pillows, I haven't found one where folks didn't complain about venting and how it either blows over there face, ear, or across the bed to their partner. However, I've found that if the P10 vents get wet at all from condensation, I wake up gasping for air, which sucks. As long as I take thorough measures to prevent condensation, which is challenging when you like to sleep in a cool bedroom, I sleep like a baby.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Do you have a favorite nasal pillow, other than the Airfit P10?
DreamWear. I get really low leak rates with it. I also LOVE the way the hose connection is at the top of the head so you can kind of forget about it. It's pretty comfortable as masks go. Need to be fitted for it. 3 sizes of headgear and 4 sizes of pillow. The pillow is kind of 1 big piece with a hole where it goes at the bottom of the nose over the nostrils - but not in it which is another bonus.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
I second that i also use DreamWear. I have tried about 10 different Masks and by far this is the best one i hang my hose off my head board and you never even know your attached to the hose (like being hose-less haha ). I too have very small leaks with this nasal. I have been using it for about 45 days now and almost half of those days are 0 events and the other half is no more then 2 events at max in a night, yes i have had a lot of success with my treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would like to try a nasal pillow. I am going to the sleep clinic in a weeks time and will ask them and see what they say. At the moment I use a nasal mask and it leaks a little more than is ideal and also the lower head strap 'pinches' my ear lobes and wakes me.

If the sleep clinic (NHS Scotland) can not help, I will buy a nasal pillow next year. So I find this thread interesting, esp when they are over £100.

Is the DreamWear available with different frames? ie silicon and fabric?
Post Reply Post Reply
Nuance. It is my favorite mask. I prefer the fabric headgear vs the "pro" gel.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-10-2015, 12:54 AM)DumfriesDik Wrote: I would like to try a nasal pillow. I am going to the sleep clinic in a weeks time and will ask them and see what they say. At the moment I use a nasal mask and it leaks a little more than is ideal and also the lower head strap 'pinches' my ear lobes and wakes me.

If the sleep clinic (NHS Scotland) can not help, I will buy a nasal pillow next year. So I find this thread interesting, esp when they are over £100.

I believe the DreamWear comes with cloth to put over the silicone, which I did not get cause I'm just using the DME's loaner until my script is written (whenever that is..)
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-10-2015, 12:54 AM)DumfriesDik Wrote: I would like to try a nasal pillow. I am going to the sleep clinic in a weeks time and will ask them and see what they say. At the moment I use a nasal mask and it leaks a little more than is ideal and also the lower head strap 'pinches' my ear lobes and wakes me.

I use a large frame and small cushion.
It comes in different frame sizes
Different cushion sizes
The head gear is the same size but adjustable
ps. It is also latex free
It also comes with fabric wraps for your cheeks
Basically the frame is different lengths like 18" small 19"for med and 22"for large
The cushion sizes are about the opening for your nostrils
My experience is make sure it does not pull your nose up( like you feel your stuck up HAHA!!) that is too tight use a larger frame if it feels this way and for sizing the cushion is easy
Good luck it really is a great nasal mask!

Ps. It is also latex free!
Post Reply Post Reply
Another vote for the DreamWear.
Quiet, hose out of the way, easy to put on and it doesn't move on me when I roll from side to side. Most comfortable and best (lowest) leaks from any mask I tried over the last 11 years.
Almost forgot and I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere. It has a quick disconnect which I like and use. At night, I have to go two or three times. I just pull on the hose - it snaps out of the swivel on the headgear. Go without removing the mask, go back to bed, click the hose back in and I'm back asleep before I'm even awake Wink Much easier and less disturbing than taking the whole mask off!
Post Reply Post Reply
I've only used one nasal pillow mask and it's a Hybrid. RespCARE Hybrid FFM. I like it because I don't need a chin strap when using it.

Cheers,
otrpu
Love your family, treat your friend(s) well, and don't waste your time. Everything else is just so much BS. Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the Dreamwear nasal mask as well. Love it, although I have more leaks than the Airfit. I LOVE the Airfit, but it is just a tiny bit too small for me and they don't have a larger headgear. So, I'm considering cutting it and adding some velcro on each side or something like that.

I also like the Swift FX, but it slides up the back of my head at night.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 49 3,133 1 hour ago
Last Post: yankees123
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 157 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,568 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 321 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,976 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,862 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.