Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Change in manufacturing? [ResMed F10 and F20 Masks]
RE: Change in manufacturing? [ResMed F10 and F20 Masks]
Thanks LARRY. I looked it up online and I am going to make some of my own! ?
Post Reply Post Reply
When I switched from the Mirage Quatro to the F20, I could see a big difference in the silicone and I immediately had a skin irritation around where the mask touches my skin.  I put a liner on and it helps, furthermore, I can see if the liner moves and the mask ends up touching my skin, ugh.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Remzzzs are not thick enough to help me. Last night I used a homemade liner cut from thicker, very soft flannel and it stopped the irritation. ?
Post Reply Post Reply
My better half say use a water based moisturiser and rub it well in before going to bed.
I am not going to argue with her as she is a woman and I will loose any argument entered into!
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
You're likely already aware of this, but it's probably the silicone that your skin does not like. If the flannel padding helps, keep doing it.

Not trying to be off-topic, but it reminds me of the FitBit. I had one a few years ago, but had to return it as it caused a rash on my wrist. Rashes and other signs of irritation can, and do, happen. Fortunately, you seem to have found a relatively easy solution. Here's to hoping success continues.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The wife can be an irritation at times, can I return her for a refund?   Wink
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2018, 03:17 PM)Sleep2Snore Wrote: The wife can be an irritation at times, can I return her for a refund?   Wink

If you've got the Wally World receipt, maybe.

Speaking of Wal-Mart, about a month ago near me, a shopper picked up a coffee maker on the shelf and took it to the customer service for a refund. Local police took her off to the police station for attempted fraud. Bug-eyed Sorry for the Offtopic
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Some people will try anything!   Thinking-about

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Starfishtmk,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It's great to hear you found a solution to your mask problem.
Good luck with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! Glad you know better than to argue, lol!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 0 35 5 hours ago
Last Post: coffee9724
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,436 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,713 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 345 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  Any change recommendations to machine? NativTxn 2 319 02-17-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NativTxn
  [Symptoms] Recent Symptom - Settings Change? MamaK55 1 164 02-10-2024, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Pressure] I just started apap therapy 3 weeks ago and I feel worse.Should I change settings? AndreiChivu 1 324 02-03-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.