Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: Do you know your respiratory rate (RR)?
This poll is closed.
I know my RR
57.89%
11 57.89%
I don't know my RR
36.84%
7 36.84%
I wish I didn't know my RR
5.26%
1 5.26%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Do you know your RR?
RE: Do you know your RR?
Over the last few months I have become concerned about my respiration rate which, according to sleepyhead, varies between 12-13 while sleeping to 9-10 during arousals. Internet searches had revealed that RR's below 12 may be problematic (pradypnea??) but it seems these low rates are may not be that uncommon among members of this group.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm sure you're right Grandpapa-G, and I strongly suspect it is an unrecognized and under-appreciated condition among the general population. What I'm learning from the posts here boggles my mind -- and I thought I was pretty well informed about sleep apnea from my decades of treatment.
<sigh> "Just goes to show" that I'm not as smart as I thought I was, and whatever smarts I actually had are diminishing... Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
There are so many numbers and things I need to remember that I don't think to ask, and besides, I want to get out of there as fast as I can.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2018, 10:39 AM)ShaunBlake Wrote: I'm sure you're right Grandpapa-G, and I strongly suspect it is an unrecognized and under-appreciated condition among the general population. What I'm learning from the posts here boggles my mind -- and I thought I was pretty well informed about sleep apnea from my decades of treatment.
<sigh> "Just goes to show" that I'm not as smart as I thought I was, and whatever smarts I actually had are diminishing... Oh-jeez

Could be that you have so much stored upstairs, it just seems like you're experiencing diminished results/returns. Cool
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2018, 06:59 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote:
(03-12-2018, 10:39 AM)ShaunBlake Wrote: I'm sure you're right Grandpapa-G, and I strongly suspect it is an unrecognized and under-appreciated condition among the general population. What I'm learning from the posts here boggles my mind -- and I thought I was pretty well informed about sleep apnea from my decades of treatment.

Could be that you have so much stored upstairs, it just seems like you're experiencing diminished results/returns.  Cool

It's true that I did have a lot more than expected, but most of it has been used to stuff teddy bears and even some cushions. But I don't have enough to stop up my nose now. Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
Average overnight, rate 12-13, tidal volume 560-660, minute vent 7.5-8.2
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.