Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: Do you use a humidifier?
This poll is closed.
Yes
94.29%
66 94.29%
No
5.71%
4 5.71%
Total 70 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Do you use a humidifier?
Well, I cast my vote as "no", but if you polled me 3 or 4 weeks ago, my vote would have been "yes". I started therapy on 9/30/2011 and used a humidifier from Day 1 on my S9 Autoset along with a Climateline hose. A few weeks ago I thought I'd try going without since winter had passed and there was more humidity in the air so I disconnected my H5i humidifier and switched to a standard slimline tube and hooked it up directly to the blower unit. Result is I'm sleeping just fine without it and feeling the same as before. Big benefit is it's cut down on my maintenance requirements and I'm not getting any musty odors at all when I first turn on my machine like I sometimes did before when I was using the humidifier. So, think I'll be going without now until I start experiencing dryness again. Coffee
We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2012, 07:57 AM)b360155 Wrote: and I'm not getting any musty odors at all when I first turn on my machine like I sometimes did before when I was using the humidifier.
I don,t get any musty odors from my mine
Post Reply Post Reply
I have always been a mouth breather, and have always awakened with a dry mouth which required serious toothbrush attention to become pleasant or even tolerable (for me or my partner :grin: ). With a humidifier, this has changed significantly. While it is initally still dry, very little deliberate effort is necessary to return it to a moist or normal state. It is the same when I wake up during the night. That is a major improvement, IMO, and I (heart) my humidifier!
Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply

I use the humidifier on 80-100% (setting 4-5 on Respironics 560P). Anything less, depending on humidity conditions, I get nosebleeds and cracked nostrils. Now, I'm going camping next summer and plan to use it w/o the humidifier due to DC battery power restrictions. We'll see how I do.

Post Reply Post Reply
I couldn't use my CPAP without a humidifier. I set mine on the middle setting (3 out of 5).

"....respiration,—a troublesome practice, but one which custom has rendered necessary to our easy existence...." Oliver Twist, Charles Dickens- 1837

I use FlashPAP to load data from a FlashAir III wifi sd card in my machine to my computer and display it with SleepyHead .
robysue's Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
I use my AirSense 10 humidifier. Keep it around 83 or 84 degrees in winter (bedroom unheated) and several degrees lower in summer. Really should be using it because it is pretty dry where I live.
"Freedom is the oxygen of the soul."
Moshe Dayan
Post Reply Post Reply

Most of the time no. When cold and dry yes.
Just my personal opinion. My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact. Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel. Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply
Settings have very little difference to me. Except at the extremes. Any thing to make the process more comfortable. I even spring the extra cash for distilled water.
HuhDont-knowI am an accountant so any advice given here is not medical. If I give any financial advice, you can take it to the bank. However, you will have a hard time cashing it in. Okay
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-10-2016, 06:30 PM)Rcgop Wrote: I even spring the extra cash for distilled water.

Dummy! Big Grin

Post Reply Post Reply

I never tied without a humidifier. Setting of 3 out of 5. When I try lower settings I feel dryness in the nose long into my day. Dont' like that.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Proper water for CPAP humidifier...? S.L. Ping Beauty 15 877 02-15-2017, 12:12 PM
Last Post: SleeplessinPgh
  [Equipment] ResMed H5i humidifier heating query Ceedy 8 156 02-15-2017, 05:19 AM
Last Post: Ceedy
  Water Changing in H5i Heated Humidifier ppca 6 356 02-06-2017, 02:09 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
  Dreamstation Humidifier Question Newbee2016 16 809 01-25-2017, 09:19 AM
Last Post: Cranberry Ray
  Septoplasty with APAP and humidifier? alisa 7 282 01-18-2017, 11:08 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  [Equipment] Humidifier filler Bob Engelhardt 18 603 01-14-2017, 12:48 AM
Last Post: chill
  ResMed H5i heated humidifier - broken GrammaBear 7 363 01-08-2017, 10:39 AM
Last Post: GrammaBear