Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: Do you use a humidifier?
This poll is closed.
Yes
91.89%
68 91.89%
No
8.11%
6 8.11%
Total 74 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Do you use a humidifier?
Do you use a humidifier?
Please vote and add a comment if you wish
Do you use different setting in Summer/Winter months, Passover or may be you get by without humidification.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Do you use a humidifier?
I was given a humidifier when I first started on CPAP in 2004. I used it for... I dunno... maybe a week or so? Never used it since... seemed to have gotten by without it with no major issues, so never gave it another thought since then.

Happy Eyes
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2012, 03:19 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: I was given a humidifier when I first started on CPAP in 2004. I used it for... I dunno... maybe a week or so? Never used it since... seemed to have gotten by without it with no major issues, so never gave it another thought since then.

Happy Eyes

I do use a humidifier with this APAP machine. I typically only change the humidifier level when I travel and am out of my normal location.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I started on CPAP in 2002, I was sold a bypass humidifier that sat in a plastic box that the CPAP sat on. I used it until the water dried up and continued to use it dry because it muffled the sound of the CPAP. In December I got a new S9 with a humidifier. I've used the humidifier until last night. I tried it last night without the humidifier and did very well. I'll do without it until the furnace comes back on. I don't know how to vote on this one unless I vote twice. I'll try that. Can't vote twice so zonk will have to add another no?Dont-know
This post is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and 
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way 
are to be considered flaws or defects.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2012, 02:59 PM)zonk Wrote: Please vote and add a comment if you wish
Do you use different setting in Summer/Winter months, Passover or may be you get by without humidification.

This poll seems to have two questions. One in the Subject: line, the other in the body. What is being polled?
My age is none of my mind's business. --- Netskier
Post Reply Post Reply
I been using the humidifier ever since the titration test when my nose clogged up and I could not breath. Sleep clinic did not have a humidifier handy.

I probably should try without the humidity and see what happens now that the weather is warming up and the house is starting to have some humidity.

Tom..........
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2012, 05:07 PM)Netskier Wrote: This poll seems to have two questions. One in the Subject: line, the other in the body. What is being polled?
I don,t know what is the body or subject line but please read between the lines and make the best out of it as most of the times don,t understand what I,m writing about.

Post Reply Post Reply
The first CPAP I was given did not have a humidifier, but a passover one was prescribed after I started having problems with dried out nasal membranes and frequent nose bleeds. When I got my F&P machine (2006), I got a heated humidifier which was a life saver during the winter months. Now both my home machine and my travel machine have integrated, heated humidifiers which I use every night.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I definitely use a humidifier. I was diagnosed about 25 years ago , and perhaps there weren't humidifiers then. At any rate I used CPAP and then BiPAP for 17 or 18 years with no humidifier, and had two other sleep medicine doctors in that interval. Then about 5 years ago I saw a new doctor (a pulmonologist-my three previous doctors were all neurologists) and he was adamant that I have a heated humidifier. I find that I am much more comfortable, and I definitely experience far less nasal congestion.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use mine at a low level- I live in a humid state, but when I go to Mobile, AL it has such high humidity I don't need the humidifier.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 759 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 446 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 352 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Extra Humidifier Water in Arid Climates DFWdude 19 2,160 12-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: car54
  AirMini with Dreamstation Go humidifier chwang733 0 319 12-12-2023, 03:53 PM
Last Post: chwang733
  Humidifier wattage - Anyone know Pse? Kingsway 10 786 11-22-2023, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Kingsway
  Document request: ResMed humidifier settings rpierce 2 514 10-21-2023, 01:28 PM
Last Post: rpierce

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.