Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Do you use the Contec CMS-50iw wrist oximeter?
Do you use the Contec CMS-50iw wrist oximeter?
I've been searching around the interwebs and can't seem to find the answer to a couple of questions.

Can someone tell me whether the CMS-50iw can record spot-checking so I can use trending software?

Also...

Did the unit come with a USB cable or the ability to use one. So I can switch between the two, USB & WiFi.

The latest builds of Sleepyhead (0.9.8-1 currently) will allow import through a USB cable at this time. I figure that if the CMS-50iw will do both, Bluetooth and USB, I can wait until SH gets an update to use Bluetooth....if they ever do update for WiFi that is.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Do you use the Contec CMS-50iw wrist oximeter?
If it can record, it can record and save an entire night or a few minutes. However, most of them can only hold one recording at a time. So you have to download that recording before you can do another spot check.

Supplier #19 has the manual for them. Click the Manuals/downloads button on the right and scroll way down to find it.

Aha! Here's another thread:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...wnload-use
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Paula02

That was pretty informative.

The newest version of Sleepyhead, the unreleased 0.9.8-1, has the ability to DL the info from the CMS-50i directly, but not the 50iw. I hope they do an upgrade to do it wirelessly at some point.

In the official description from the manufacturer web site it says "Multi-time segment storage".

That's hard for me to decipher.

Do you suppose that means it's capable of spot-checking?
Post Reply Post Reply
The problem with a lot of the Contec devices is the translations. You would think they would have better translators for their manuals and stuff but they don't. Or don't bother. The manuals are rather funny in a twisted sort of way.

I would assume that "Multi-time segment storage" would mean you can store several recordings at once, which would be very handy. Accidentally deleting a night's worth of data is very frustrating!

If the only difference between the 50i and the 50iw is the w is wireless, then I don't see why the 50iw is not compatible with SH. Unless they specifically say it is not. It goes to the computer first, into a file, which SH reads. It does not go directly into SH. At least not that I know of.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, SH does retrieve the data directly from the CMS-50i as of version 0.9.8-1. Actually a version or so sooner but this is the most current ver today.

But I don't think it will handle the WiFi aspect of it, just when the device is connected via the USB.

As far as I can tell...the 50iw is currently the best consumer grade meter out right now. I'll ask my Doc if she can prescribe it for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
You don't need a prescription unless you want your insurance to pay for it.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
I didn't know that :/

Too late though...I already ask about it
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 17 1,486 04-13-2024, 12:31 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Best Oximeter Device to use w OSCAR Abletree 17 4,051 04-04-2024, 01:37 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 137 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 183 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 251 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 763 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Is there a pulse oximeter that bluetooths to the Air11? cathyf 2 916 12-19-2023, 01:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.