Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Do you use your machine during the day?
Do you use your machine during the day?
hi

I sometimes want to  sleep more in ghe mornings during the weekends .  I generally turn of my machine . Fir example today i woke up at 6  and  I went to sleep at 9 for 30 minutes.  Should I be using my machine anytime i sleep.  I am new to thix and would like your opnion .  .How would it calculate  my number does the machine see it as a new day.  Thank you again for reading Mubarak post
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Do you use your machine during the day?
I use mine anytime I sleep. I feel like if I am gong to spend the time sleeping, I may as well get the most return for the time invested. Takes less than 30 seconds to put on my mask, and it helps make a 30-minute nap a truly powerful nap.
Post Reply Post Reply
You should use your machine any time you sleep because any time you sleep your airway relaxes, becomes obstructed and apneas can and very likely do occur at the non treated rate you had before you started CPAP therapy.  It's not always practical to slip the CPAP on when its in your bedroom and you take a quick nap on the couch but generally if you nap do so with the CPAP.

As far as calculating your AHI the Resmed "new day" starts at noon on your machine, so any sleep in your AM before noon is calculated to that nights sleep.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
When I get a chance to take a nap, always put it on, wouldn't be a nap without it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-17-2017, 09:37 AM)Novello1234 Wrote: Should I be using my machine anytime i sleep.  
Yes, You should use your CPAP anytime you are going to nap or sleep.

(06-17-2017, 09:37 AM)Novello1234 Wrote: How would it calculate  my number does the machine see it as a new day.

Anything before noon will be included in your last night's data.  Resmed's day is from noon to noon, providing you have your clock properly set.   They do drift and require a periodic time update.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok thank you all for your responses
Post Reply Post Reply
Remember that the reduction or elimination of snoring is only a side-benefit of therapy for you and your partner.
Apnea is a serious and life-threatening medical condition that contributes to cardiovascular and respiratory disease.

Another effect that I recently became aware of is it can cause the bone structures around the TMJ and ear canal to deteriorate, leading to not only joint displacement, but also to brain/spinal fluid leaking from the ear canal.

Personally, I just got on therapy last November, but in the last 10-15 years I have become FAR more prone to ear infections. I'm not convinced that it wasn't due to decades of undiagnosed apnea.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I feel so much better getting *good* sleep. I have no desire to sleep without it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use my CPAP at night and afternoon naps. I don't think can sleep without it, sleep and CPAP goes together, perfect marriage
Being sleepy and feeling tired regardless of hours sleep, might be a good excuse to talk to the sleep doctor, probably other causes or/and therapy isn't optimized yet
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Novello1234,
Iuse my mask and machine every time I sleep.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,147 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,790 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,320 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,753 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,249 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.