Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Do you wake up frequently during the night?
RE: Do you wake up frequently during the night?
Hi there,

Chiming in on an old thread here. I'm having the same issue with my BiPAP device (waking up more times a night than before treatment) and so i was wondering if you found a fix for it?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbsup 
I have been having sleep problem myself and the pillow I was using was semi-soft and not comfortable at all. Then I bought cream throw pillow from 54 Kibo and since then I have been getting 8 hours sleep straight without waking up in the middle of the night. The pillow is 100% cotton and handmade in Tunisia and very very soft on head. I would definitely recommend anyone who is facing sleeping problems to try new pillow like these and notice the result your self.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried exercise? Whenever I have a run of bad nights, it usually means I'm not active enough, especially during the latter half of the day.

Also (if you haven't already) look at your diet and all the other 'sleep hygiene' tactics, such as avoiding screen time and stimulants (including sugar) for a few hours before bedtime. I have to eat my evening meal not less than three hours before I head to bed.

I also have to read for a while in bed, letting my body calm before switching off the light. Room temperature is important, too. For me, a cool temp <20C is vital and only in winter can I sleep under covers.

Also (jeez, I never thought about all this but now I feel like some kind of sleep-obsessed person) I try not to drink fluids of any kind later in the day, but that's mostly because I have a prostate that could win a prize melon contest.

Lastly (I do go on, don't I?) it might be that you need to fiddle with your machine settings. Variable pressure machines can cause awakenings if they respond aggressively to events.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 493 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  Still wake up using CPAP urachan 3 315 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: urachan
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 282 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor
  Weird spikes and then I wake up tiredguy1 4 273 02-12-2024, 10:33 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Low AHI - Why do I wake up? jkjsdflljkasdf9 3 406 02-05-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  Why do I wake up after a few hours sleep? John Reston 6 475 01-28-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar Data Immediate Wake Ups - Tongue / Palate? ancheero 6 631 12-21-2023, 07:05 PM
Last Post: ancheero

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.