Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Doctor followup on Compliance
Doctor followup on Compliance
Had my follow up consult with the sleepy doctor today, and I guess I passed. He was happy and agreed I was progressing SLOWLY. But, said to keep it up, I was progressing.

I mentioned I wanted to play with APAP mode and he asked how I would go about that. I explained how and what I wanted to do, and how I wanted to make changes slowly to see if I could improve the theory numbers.

He thought about it, asked a few questions and said he thought it would be a good thing and probably would result in better treatment. He did caution me to keep an eye on my centrals because they could go up if the pressure gets a little too high.

It is so nice to have a doctor that knows his field, and is willing to take the time to discuss things with you answer your questions and is willing to let you participate in your own treatment -

I am very lucky.

I was on CPAP at 10, so I am going to start APAP at 8-14 and see where it wants to go.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Doctor followup on Compliance
That's good news, Frank. I'm glad you have a doctor who will work with you.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
FrankNichols,

You've got a keeper of a doctor. Best of luck with your experimenting.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-06-2016, 05:08 PM)FrankNichols Wrote: Had my follow up consult with the sleepy doctor today, and I guess I passed. He was happy and agreed I was progressing SLOWLY. But, said to keep it up, I was progressing.

I mentioned I wanted to play with APAP mode and he asked how I would go about that. I explained how and what I wanted to do, and how I wanted to make changes slowly to see if I could improve the theory numbers.

He thought about it, asked a few questions and said he thought it would be a good thing and probably would result in better treatment. He did caution me to keep an eye on my centrals because they could go up if the pressure gets a little too high.

It is so nice to have a doctor that knows his field, and is willing to take the time to discuss things with you answer your questions and is willing to let you participate in your own treatment -

I am very lucky.

I was on CPAP at 10, so I am going to start APAP at 8-14 and see where it wants to go.

HERE-HERE Wink good for you FrankN!! You are sooo lucky! I have one like that & wouldn't give him up for anything (so I better not move far away)
It is definitely a good feeling
I enjoy being with a group who like to share their "Hosehead" experiences, to remind me I am not alone.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone, yup, I am lucky, and I remember that everytime I hear someone on here talking about the problems they have with their doctors.

Thanks for your kind words, I am so excited to go to sleep tonight and see what auto mode thinks I should be doing! Smile
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like a great guy that wants to support your treatment rather than run it. You've been very patient with your settings, and I encourage you to treat APAP the same, especially as you make the transition. Good luck, and good night!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Frank, you went there armed with knowledge. Your doctor must have been impressed. Well-done
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi FrankNichols,
That's great to hear, keep up the good work and good luck to you with your experimenting.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm glad you had a pleasant visit with your sleep doctor. He sounds like a definite 'keeper' because he listened to you and then gave you suggestions instead of just not listening and being militant in his approach to your treatment. Good luck to you as you experiment with the apap.
Post Reply Post Reply
What do you mean by the "theory numbers"? I foresee having a similar conversation with my own Dr.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My doctor suggested patience Annecelesye 26 3,715 03-23-2024, 03:02 AM
Last Post: Annecelesye
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 523 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Doctor switched my wife over to an ASV machine, it has doubled her AHI MaybeTowelie 18 933 12-21-2023, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,449 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Most Informtive Metrics To Send To Doctor BlueSky1958 3 330 12-17-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] How to send data from older Resmed Airsense 10 to sleep doctor? silverchief2 6 785 12-15-2023, 03:50 PM
Last Post: silverchief2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.