Doctor not able to download SD card after downloading it at home using ResScan 3.16
Aletta Offline

Members

Machine: VPAPauto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage Quatro
Humidifier: 5Hi
CPAP Pressure: 6-20
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments:

Sex: Female
RE: Doctor not able to download SD card after downloading it at home using ResScan 3.16
:thanks:Thank you again for your kind and smile producing reponses. I asked the DME to see if they could download my card - they could not. She asked - "did you put this card into your computer?" I said yes and she said "once you put the card into your computer we can no longer download it". In order to prevent detailed discussion I did not want to ask questions. Could there be a hidden tracer in the software to alert others?Huhsign
When I downloaded the 3.16 I lost detailed data for some days - even a whole month over the 16 months of data downloaded with 3.14. No set pattern - just here and there. Any way to avoid that when downloading 4.2?
03-11-2013 04:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
archangle Offline
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Swift FX
Humidifier: ResMed S9 H5i
CPAP Pressure: 16-20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Happy PAPper

Sex: Undisclosed

RE: Doctor not able to download SD card after downloading it at home using ResScan 3.16
(03-11-2013 04:09 PM)Aletta Wrote:  :thanks:Thank you again for your kind and smile producing reponses. I asked the DME to see if they could download my card - they could not. She asked - "did you put this card into your computer?" I said yes and she said "once you put the card into your computer we can no longer download it". In order to prevent detailed discussion I did not want to ask questions. Could there be a hidden tracer in the software to alert others?Huhsign

No, they're lying and they know it. They put the card in their computer all the time and it still works. No tracers, no nothing. If you're concerned, put the write protect tab to "lock," the computer can't write to the card. Just put the tab off the lock position before your put it back into the CPAP.

They want you to be a dumb patient who's dependent on them and easy to take advantage of. It's also easier if they can find a reason to blame any problems on you.

Macs may screw the cards up. The arrogant b***ards at Apple thinks it's OK for them to write some data on the card just because you stuck it into "their" machine. Some computer viruses on PCs may also put something on the card.

S9 machines may reject the card if there is any extra data on the card.

However, I believe ResScan is not as picky and will still read the data off the card even if there's some "extra" data on the card that the S9 itself can't handle.

Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
03-12-2013 05:22 AM
vsheline Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: S9 VPAP Adapt (USA Model# 36007, not better 36037 or 36067)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F10 or SimPlus w/ 2Liners. MirageQuatro & Gecko gel pad
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 15 EPAP, PS 5-10
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: Marfan Syndrome, chronic bradycardia, occasional Cheyne-Stokes Respiration

Sex: Male

(03-12-2013 05:22 AM)archangle Wrote:  No, they're lying and they know it. They put the card in their computer all the time and it still works. No tracers, no nothing. If you're concerned, put the write protect tab to "lock," the computer can't write to the card. Just put the tab off the lock position before your put it back into the CPAP.

Regarding the whopper you were told, Archangle is undoubtedly correct.

My SD card used to get messed up from time to time. Actually, I think it was always user error. Not ResScan's fault.

I have had no further problems now that I have learned to be very careful to hold the power until machine turns off, then kill the power (I think using a power strip would be best but you can also just pull the plug out of the power brick), then wait several seconds for power to run down (the screen flashes), and THEN remove the card.

Likewise, now I always EJECT the SD card before removing it from the computer.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment. The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies - not on matters concerning treatment for Sleep Apnea. I think it is now too late to change the name of the group but I think Voting Member group would perhaps have been a more descriptive name for the group.
03-12-2013 05:46 AM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Can home care provider make our machine unusable? LPN2012 10 359 12-01-2016 05:22 AM
Last Post: LPN2012
  sending sleep study to another doctor's office sleepytimegal 3 218 11-30-2016 10:26 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  Nw ASV machine does not download to SD card jmayer180 7 306 11-24-2016 01:11 PM
Last Post: ruach
  REM and Sleep Stage Tracking at Home rwelliot 14 717 10-18-2016 05:02 PM
Last Post: robertbuckley
  home sleep study problem garretdl 5 372 10-14-2016 02:39 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  [Equipment] AIRSENSE 10 DATA download CPAPPY262 3 384 09-20-2016 09:20 AM
Last Post: wyu177
  Sleep Study Mask vs. Home-use Mask thecpapguy! 1 283 09-19-2016 06:42 PM
Last Post: allenh