Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Doctor says no cpap needed but sleep better with it
RE: Doctor says no cpap needed but sleep better with it
(10-11-2022, 10:08 AM)SammNeedsHelp Wrote: I am using a resvent Ibreeze, a sleep doctor I received a second opinion from said its a completely sh*t machine. They gave it to me a year ago and my condition has improved zilch. I also didn't feel well rested with the bipap they had me use in the hospital. Like i felt better than death but not close enough to what I used to be at.

Post the pdf report from resvent machine using imatrix software
Post Reply Post Reply
In addition to using the cervical collar, you might try to get yourself to sleep on your sides rather than your back. Try tucking a pillow behind your back when to see whether that helps to keep you in position. People also try other options; search "side sleeping" on Amazon to get a sense of what's out there.

Have you discussed your continued tiredness with your doctor? He or she could run some basic tests to see what might be going on. Examples: screening for problems with thyroid, testosterone, autoimmune disease, anemia.

And do you follow the basic guidelines for better sleep? They look pretty vanilla, I know, but they can really help:

• Keep a consistent sleep schedule. Get up at the same time every day, even on weekends or during vacations.
• Set a bedtime that is early enough for you to get at least 7 hours of sleep.
• Don’t go to bed unless you are sleepy.
• If you don’t fall asleep after 20 minutes, get out of bed.
• Establish a relaxing bedtime routine.
• Use your bed only for sleep and sex.
• Make your bedroom quiet and relaxing. Keep the room at a comfortable, cool temperature.
• Limit exposure to bright light in the evenings.
• Turn off electronic devices at least 30 minutes before bedtime.
• Don’t eat a large meal before bedtime. If you are hungry at night, eat a light, healthy snack.
• Exercise regularly and maintain a healthy diet.
• Avoid consuming caffeine in the late afternoon or evening.
• Avoid consuming alcohol before bedtime.
• Reduce your fluid intake before bedtime.
Post Reply Post Reply
Moderator action: [Links Removed] 

>thyroid, testosterone, autoimmune disease, anemia.

have tested thyroid, testosterone, not autoimmune, not anemic my bloodpanels come back perfect.

using cervical neck collar. I work out six days a week and never eat before bed. It has to be something related to breathing while sleeping because I wakeup way sooner without a CPAP machine of some sort. It's just that I've used a resmed travel apap, a bipap from the hospital, a resvent apap, and none of them have allowed to me get 8hrs of sleep. I want sub zero ahi, rdi. I try to sleep on my side but wakeup on my back even using the pillow technique... Just started being able to hold down a job because before I was completely incapacitated from fatigue, my memory is still pretty bad though
Post Reply Post Reply
As psychotech suggested, the machine you have could work and he made setting recommendations.
I hope he can see your data to make further adjustments if needed.

It might not be a machine problem as much as the settings.

Have you looked into a continuous o2 monitor?
That would offer good data.

What did the second opinion doc have to say other than calling the machine crap? Any suggestions?
(I don't like machines not compatible with the reporting software, don't know the quality of the machine)

There is so much more to sleep quality besides a low ahi/rdi.

Dormeo offered great suggestions. 
Sleep hygiene is a huge issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
links removed take screenshot of the pdf report and post it here directly or take screenshot directly from imatrix
Post Reply Post Reply
Per moderator's order I made the links viewable to everyone.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lFzDFnR...sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1avJz3cS...sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g8Y5HuS...sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nEAPftq...sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nCnI7vN...sp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing

The final link is the link to the database file for Imatrix, you can import it by creating a new patient in imatrix, going to your Imatrix folder in 'My Documents", then overwriting the new patient with my info.

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Psychotech seems to be asking for screenshots.  Not links.

"take screenshot of the pdf report and post it here directly or take screenshot directly from imatrix"
Post Reply Post Reply
well i have seen your report most of your problem lies with flow limitation and hypopneas, also why are you using an auto cpap in cpap mode
to control flow limitation you need to increase ipr to 2-3, and hypopnea is a kind of partial obstruction of airway

ok try the following setting for 3-5 nights after that post results:-
mode: auto cpap (the machine will auto adjust as per your requirement)
pressure max:-16, min:-7
ipr:- 2-3(first set it to 2 if flow limitation is not going down then set it to 3, but remember keep an eye on your central apnea sometimes increasing ipr/epr could increase central apnea too)
Post Reply Post Reply
I was using it in CPAP mode because the sleep doctor told me the resvent ibreeze has a terrible algorithm for its automatic. like it typically fails to sense disruptions in your breathing.
Post Reply Post Reply
The IPR will probably do more to help with FLs and Hs than higher pressure. You get a boost in pressure as you inhale, which helps you overcome limitations in your pharynx (though it won't help with limitations in your nose). Whether that will help you sleep better I don't know, but increasing IPR would be a good experiment to try.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP not helping with sleep. Cheyne-Stokes or PB? BigBobulous 4 259 04-11-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Worried about insurance requirement to see doctor within 90 days NewlyDiagnosed 9 197 04-10-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 139 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Chart help needed SteveC 4 173 04-07-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 106 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  [Diagnosis] Second opinion on study is needed please Abdulfakih 17 353 04-04-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help needed how to use cpap on a plane June11 3 174 04-02-2024, 11:09 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.