Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Doctor will not give my PX..need HELP
RE: Doctor will not give my PX..need HELP
A good reason to have a backup machine. I just got a used machine as a backup. It took me almost 4 months from my first appointment to get a danged new machine. Never again!
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-18-2016, 09:43 PM)Sleepster Wrote: I would think that any caring physician who heard your story would write you a prescription.

It's a try, but won't happen with my primary. He knows nothing about sleep apnea and won't write any scripts for it at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
my prescription says on it that it is good for life!

and here is the reason to get hard copies of all such documents and scan em in!
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
My nurse practitioner filled out a great generic prescription form from Supplier #1. It covers everything you might need. Keep a copy. You can use it then with any supplier, and the way it's worded it will work for a long time which is what I just did and my prescription is 3 years old.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Unloadit,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I hope you can get a new machine, soon.
Good luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-18-2016, 09:38 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: You might try Supplier #30. Although they offer home sleep tests, they also offer a prescription service based on a questionaire that is reviewed by a physician for $99. That is about the quickest and least expensive way I know to get a script.

Anybody know if they will give you a script, or keep it in house to sell you stuff?

When I went to the site, it sounds like you first pay your money to #30 (money back guarantee - which seems suspicious to me to offer such for the outcome of a medical consultation/procedure), then you get a questionnaire and send it back and then the "licensed physician"* reviews it and sends the script to directly to #30, who then contacts you so you can order CPAP goodies from them. I didn't see where it said anything about you getting a copy of a script that you can take anywhere to get it filled.

Just wondering. Anybody have actual experience with this process that can provide insight?

OMMOHY

*direct quotation - emphasis added (bold faced) on their site
Post Reply Post Reply
OMy,
I've haven't had direct experience with this, but my daughter has questioned another online supplier not on the list.
It would seem that that script is for in house use....to purchase from them.
She did not follow through with it.

That doesn't mean they all operate that way, but it makes sense.

The lesson here is:
1. Get a copy of your script and sleep study soon after you are diagnosed. You never know when it will be needed.
2. Aquire a backup machine. This is just simple peace of mind and worth the cost.
Supplier #2 has good low hour and new open box machines.

Although it is true that any physician can write you a script, the reality and in my case....they hesitate. Both my family doctor and my dentist refused due to the fact they don't know enough about SA.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-18-2016, 10:36 PM)justMongo Wrote: KSM: Apneaboard cannot suggest that a person obtain a machine without a prescription.
Please refrain for such suggestions.

I apologize.
Post Reply Post Reply
All is good.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I really was encouraging the poster to get a prescription or another sleep study - the idea of getting a "loaner" on his own until then was what I was suggesting.

I'll be more careful in the future.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My doctor suggested patience Annecelesye 26 3,712 03-23-2024, 03:02 AM
Last Post: Annecelesye
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 242 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 521 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Doctor switched my wife over to an ASV machine, it has doubled her AHI MaybeTowelie 18 933 12-21-2023, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Most Informtive Metrics To Send To Doctor BlueSky1958 3 329 12-17-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] How to send data from older Resmed Airsense 10 to sleep doctor? silverchief2 6 785 12-15-2023, 03:50 PM
Last Post: silverchief2
  Doctor ordered a CPAP sleep study melody 11 898 11-12-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.