Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Doctor will not give my PX..need HELP
RE: Doctor will not give my PX..need HELP
Welcome to the forum Unloadit!

Going thru Supplier #30 sounds like they will keep the prescription on file for 8 years. Doesn't indicate they will give you a copy. Perhaps they would AFTER you make a machine purchase from them? A quick phone call would answer these questions I am sure.

Machines from Supplier #30 seem to be more expensive than for example Supplier #1, or #2. So you need to get the prescription first I guess.

Whatever you decide, good luck with it!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
My family doctor wrote a script for mine, all it had on it was cpap machine/mask/supplies. That's all you need.
Post Reply Post Reply
MY family doc wrote my original prescription. I see him on an annual basis for a routine physical, we always discuss the CPAP and treatment. When I need a fresh prescription, he wrote one out, no problem. One reason to remember that CPAP is a medical treatment and not just a do it yourself project.
Post Reply Post Reply
Some GPs will write an Rx for CPAP. Some may feel it's out of their field and are sort of afraid to write -- that's a byproduct of the litigious society.
I would guess that most GP's would be comfortable writing for supplies for a patient who has been using CPAP.

Can't hurt to ask.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Is an RX required (in the US) for a mask? Or only for the machine?

I can't remember, but I thought that one time when I was buying a replacement mask I was asked for a prescription. That was many years ago. Since then I've always purchased from the same on-line dealer and I know they have a copy of my scrip on file.
Post Reply Post Reply
You have to have a RX for a mask and the machine, they can be on the same script though, they just need to word it correctly.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-19-2016, 06:45 AM)OpalRose Wrote: OMy,
I've haven't had direct experience with this, but my daughter has questioned another online supplier not on the list.
It would seem that that script is for in house use....to purchase from them.
She did not follow through with it.

That doesn't mean they all operate that way, but it makes sense.

The lesson here is:
1. Get a copy of your script and sleep study soon after you are diagnosed. You never know when it will be needed.
2. Aquire a backup machine. This is just simple peace of mind and worth the cost.
Supplier #2 has good low hour and new open box machines.

Although it is true that any physician can write you a script, the reality and in my case....they hesitate. Both my family doctor and my dentist refused due to the fact they don't know enough about SA.

I also have not used this approach since my primary writes prescriptions based on my requests and instructions. I would assume that like any prescription, you own it and could force the requirement for them to provide a copy under HIPAA. A simple phone call would answer any questions in this case.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Although a "stupid" law, a mask requires an Rx.
It is unclear if mask parts require an Rx, so the Admin (Supersleeper) requests AB treat mask parts as Rx items.

Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My doctor suggested patience Annecelesye 26 3,727 03-23-2024, 03:02 AM
Last Post: Annecelesye
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 526 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Doctor switched my wife over to an ASV machine, it has doubled her AHI MaybeTowelie 18 933 12-21-2023, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Most Informtive Metrics To Send To Doctor BlueSky1958 3 331 12-17-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] How to send data from older Resmed Airsense 10 to sleep doctor? silverchief2 6 789 12-15-2023, 03:50 PM
Last Post: silverchief2
  Doctor ordered a CPAP sleep study melody 11 899 11-12-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.