Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Forma and HC432: Which is newer technology?
Forma and HC432: Which is newer technology?
I'm brand new to the forum and really happy to be here as there is lots of great help and encouragement. 

I have been researching masks, including Fisher and Paykel's Forma, and their Flexifit HC432. Can anyone tell me which is the newer technology of the two? I'm looking for a backup FFM to my Phillips Respironics Dreamwear nasal mask. Can't seem to find any answer online, and wondering which I might try first?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Forma and HC432: Which is newer technology?
Welcome to Apnea Board.

I'm not familiar with either of those masks, but the answer to your question is that it doesn't really matter which is the latest technology (so long as it's not about to go out of production). While we can expect newer designs to be "better" than old ones, masks are so individual that it's impossible to say one will be better than another. For the great majority of people it's a matter of trying them on, adjusting them properly and seeing how they work. What suits me perfectly might be terrible for you (regardless of the age of the design). An example from the Resmed range is the F20 which has a new foam type cushion - many people prefer the older silicon one.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Forma and HC432: Which is newer technology?
Hi skinnerdj352,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OSCAR Technology - Install & Data Aquisition Details EasySleep 3 115 03-18-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: EasySleep
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,482 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
Question I am still successfully using ResMed S9. Should I get a newer machine? Miriam Hokmah 3 569 11-23-2023, 04:10 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed N30i newer pillow mogulman 9 1,596 07-26-2023, 01:33 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  Central Apneas Increase After Changing to Newer BiPAP upsman 45 3,239 05-03-2021, 01:54 PM
Last Post: John70
  A post for our newer members Janyn 8 5,407 01-01-2020, 06:29 PM
Last Post: MarineCorpsNerd1
  Is cpap compliance better with newer machines? jkline 10 2,183 04-05-2019, 05:33 PM
Last Post: jkline

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.