Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Change from Fixed Pressure to Auto Settings. Feedback needed, please!
RE: Change from Fixed Pressure to Auto Settings. Feedback needed, please!
I noticed that the S9 machine regardless of what Min and Max  pressure you set on both either AutoMode or CPAP mode always keeps a 2cmH2o difference between Max Pressure and EPAP (Red and Green lines in the SleepyHead Graph pressure) as if they were hand in hand always taking as a reference the Max pressure and then setting the EPAP 2cmH2o below.
Is this because my EPR is set on 2?
Last two nights I set the min pressures at 10´6 but EPAP green line shows they were at 10´40 (because Max Pressure was at 12´40) and at 10 (because Max Pressure was at 12). Please see the SleepyHead screenshots below.
Does this make sense for anybody?
Am I making a mess with the numbers or Is there something wrong with me or my machine?
Any comments will be much appreciated.
I am still trying to understand how this new CPAP Universe works....
Thanks a lot in advance!

https://i.imgur.com/rMGSuB1h.png

https://i.imgur.com/cGL2Qi8h.png
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-26-2018, 01:01 PM)Nito Wrote: I noticed that the S9 machine regardless of what Min and Max  pressure you set on both either Auto Mode or CPAP mode always keeps a 2cmH2o difference between Max Pressure and EPAP . . .  Is this because my EPR is set on 2?
Answer: YES - The EPR means Exhale Pressure Relief. The value (0-3) is the exhale pressure reduction in centimeters H2O from the set inhale pressure.

(01-26-2018, 01:01 PM)Nito Wrote: Last two nights I set the min pressures at 10´6 but EPAP green line shows they were at 10´40 (because Max Pressure was at 12´40) and at 10 (because Max Pressure was at 12). Please see the SleepyHead screenshots below.
Does this make sense for anybody?
I do not completely under stand your question but I will try to answer it the best I can.

1. I believe that you have the Ramp feature turned on and it is set to the 10.4cm. The ramp option allows for a lower initial pressure setting for up to 45 minutes.  If you use the ramp feature you may select a pressure from 4cm up to the lowest pressure set in  the Auto mode or the pressure set for the CPAP mode. Example: Auto mode - 10-16 cmH2O the highest pressure you can set the ramp to is 10cm H2O.  In CPAP mode set to 12cm H2O - the maximum pressure will be 12cm H2O.

2. The S9 in Auto mode will only use the highest pressure required to avoid any apnea events. You may set the maximum pressure to 16cm and if you only need 12cm to prevent any apnea, then the S9 will only use the 12cm and not go to the maximum.

Good Luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
When you set your minimum pressure it's for upper line (red). The EPR pressure (green) will always stay below the red line at whatever you set it to.
You have it set to EPR 2 so it will always stay 2cm below the red line.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Walla Walla. That was something important to know. I am learning everyday a lesson here.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 3 218 04-15-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 121 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 153 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  ResMed Humidifier Tub Change? Reesche 12 370 04-09-2024, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Reesche
  Chart help needed SteveC 4 177 04-07-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  [Diagnosis] Second opinion on study is needed please Abdulfakih 17 367 04-04-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help needed how to use cpap on a plane June11 3 182 04-02-2024, 11:09 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.