Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Machine Rental?
RE: Machine Rental?
Let's look at nasal therapy with some simple logic. The smaller the area that needs to be sealed, the easier that area is to prevent leaks. A nasal pillows mask only seals to the bottom of your nose (nares). It cannot blow air into your eyes from the poor fit on the bridge of your nose, or leave marks along the side of your nose, or compress the sinuses that reside there. The non-logical appeal: both my wife and I use the Resmed Airfit P10 nasal pillows mask. it is less expensive, opens the nasal airway by applying direct pressure to the nares and does not cause congestion by compressing the sinus or leave facial marks. It also is very quiet and does not eject a jet of vent-air. Do ourself a favor and avoid the journey of the triangular nasal mask. That is where I started in 2008 and it took about one month to move to what was then the precursor of the current nasal pillows, the Resmed Swift FX. Your choice, but if you go with nasal pillows, your wife will follow.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Machine Rental?
Bill,

If you're like most of us here, you'll experiment with more than a few masks before finding one that suits you.  Over the last 7 years I've tried at least 10+ different masks -- everything from full face masks to over-the-nose nasal masks to under-the-nose nasal masks to pillows masks to the Bleep hang from your nose mask.

I agree with Sleeprider's favorable opinion of the P10 pillows mask, which I used successfully for more than a year, and I certainly agree with his advice to go with the most minimal mask you can that is both effective and comfortable for you.

My current mask of choice is the PR Dreamwear nasal mask, which works very well for me together with mouth tape and a soft cervical collar.  The Dreamwear is not as minimalist as the P10 and it vents air more noticeably than the P10, but it is more comfortable for me and provides superb results.

Good luck on your new journey! The key is to stick with it, especially in the beginning as you learn what works best for you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,308 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  [split] Has Anyone Used Carecentrix? Airsense 11 Rental $1585 Richard32 7 1,055 01-17-2023, 03:56 PM
Last Post: Richard32
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,864 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  cpap machine rental ajwees41 2 813 07-14-2022, 04:33 PM
Last Post: ajwees41
  Advice on buying rental CPAPS online fincy 2 723 06-21-2022, 04:46 PM
Last Post: SleepinAZ
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,342 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Equipment] O2 Concentrator: Purity of output airstream? Rental? Refurbishment? Ozone? joeb 16 1,788 01-07-2022, 06:12 AM
Last Post: Ratchick

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.