Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What does 'invalid' SD card mean??
RE: What does 'invalid' SD card mean??
You probably don't need to replace the card.

When the S9 machine asks to erase the card, let it. You have to push a button or turn the knob. I forget the exact sequence. Look at the display to figure out how to do that.

This will remove all the data from the SD card. If you're not using software to read your own data, it won't really matter.

Your doctor screwed up. He should have put the little switch on the SD card in the lock position before putting it into his computer. You should probably do this yourself on your next visit. You'll need to unlock the SD card before using it in your CPAP machine.

This problem happens because Microsoft is arrogant and ResMed is stupid. Microsoft windows writes data to the SD card without asking. The S9 machine sees a file on the card that it didn't right and has a mental breakdown and refuses to work.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-16-2015, 01:54 PM)stanleydean Wrote: I recently had the same issue. A new SD card from Walmart worked well. Just take the old card and they will help you. To remove the card press it in and release. It will pop out far enough for you to pull it out. Use a thumbnail to press if need.Be sure to notice which side the gold strips are on and put the new card in the same way. Get a card that has the same capacity as the old card or greater. No need for more capacity, it just costs more. The card is installed like it is removed, press in until it pops in place òbserving the orientation of the gold strips. There are numerous stores other than Walmart that sell SD cards and the one you need should be $10 or less.

Be sure you get the full size (length and width) SD card. The mini or micro size SD cards can only be used if put in an adapter card to make it full size, and the adapters are all flimsy and won't last long.

I recently bought a two-pack of standard size SD cards, 2GB capacity each, at Walmart for $11.

The early ResMed S9 models will only accept standard density SD cards (2GB or less), so if your ResMed S9 machine was manufactured longer ago than around 2012 (not sure exactly which year, and it may vary for each model), the ResMed S9 might not work with a 4GB or higher density SD card.
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,

I just had the same problem with my SD card, after I forgot to lock it before plugging it into my computer.  Windows will place two folders (hidden) on the card that the machine doesnt like.  One being "system volume information" and "lost.dir"

The way I fixed it was to connect the card to my (android) phone, using an sd card reader, and delete those two folders.  Once they were gone, I was able to put it back intop my cpap (resmed s9 autoset) and it once again accepted it.

May not fix it for everyone, but it might help someone!
Post Reply Post Reply
myusernamewastaken.

Thanks for posting. I will need to test this. I am using a 32G and data is a mess.
Post Reply Post Reply
KeepSmiling - Your profile doesn't list a Resmed S9. This is the only CPAP that experiences this anomaly. Do you need to update your profile?

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
LOL Crimson Nape

Caught, I have been using a Resmed Elite 9 for just under two months. Will up date to my new Resmed.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 922 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  GUI Lib Invalid ERROR at Boot-up zaphod351 2 2,257 03-19-2022, 05:08 PM
Last Post: zaphod351
  Invalid Serial Number on the replacement David Lee 2 2,158 12-13-2021, 09:14 PM
Last Post: zellem
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 41 50,871 04-29-2021, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Scobber
  Invalid Card message fahrni 5 1,123 08-09-2019, 07:59 PM
Last Post: edfreeman
  [Equipment] Invalid SD card acc 11 2,902 05-04-2017, 08:00 PM
Last Post: DBoone37
  invalid date/time. data exists for this period message on Resmed 9 autoset Marl1n 3 2,101 07-25-2016, 09:03 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.