Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DME tried to give me used equipment
RE: DME tried to give me used equipment
Success Success!! Yes, I also feel bad for the next person not being knowledgeable.

For the P10, the main problem folks have is the back sliding up on their hair. If you have long enough hair, try a loose ponytail. If not, velcro on the hair side (wrap it on for now) helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-28-2017, 08:03 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: Success Success!!  Yes, I also feel bad for the next person not being knowledgeable.

For the P10, the main problem folks have is the back sliding up on their hair.  If you have long enough hair, try a loose ponytail.  If not, velcro on the hair side (wrap it on for now) helps.

For once, I may have lucked out with curly hair.
Post Reply Post Reply
What I want to know is, when are you changing your name from HalfAsleep to BrightEyed&BushyTailed? Too-funny I bet it won't be long.

I'm expected good news from you tomorrow.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Great job on having your eyes and ears open to DME (Disreputable Medical Equipment) shenanigans. Just saying it fits in this case and seemingly was attempted to be an earned label as well.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well done! I love stories like these. You've made my day Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi HalfAsleep,

Great job, you definitely were wide awake and loaded for bear for that visit to the DME. And you did set the bar high. Keep us posted on your experience.

Stan
Post Reply Post Reply
Well done HalfAsleep, these people need to be kept in line, and I thought our health service was poor.

It is very much a case of catching the crumbs that fall from the table here, with many, especially seniors, scared out of their wits to complain for fear of their treatment being affected or being branded a troublemaker.
They even suggested to me that I might like to take my "business" elsewhere after I pointed out the error of their ways.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am evidently none the worse for wear, and my hair went grey decades ago, so no noticeable impact there.

I loved all your comments!  First night update on separate thread.
Post Reply Post Reply
The DME changed their game plan. Newest game? Run out the clock...

I've been unable to get a different mask even though time is of the essence, since compliance due date is 2 weeks away, not to mention return windows, etc.

Over a period of days, they've put me on endless hold, listening to their advertising "car sales type" "Our customers are our top priority" BS.

They first claimed they couldn't find my prescription, despite the fact that they had already mentioned they had my record right in front of them. "Could you hold please while I look for your prescription?"

Twice.

I end-ran the problem by getting the doc to send them a new prescription.

Today? Same old, same old. Phone hold #3.

I wrote a letter to the president of the company, mentioning that my State is very persnickety when it comes to ripping off seniors.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medicare and Sleep Apnea Equipment chzuck 12 224 04-10-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] new AirCurve 10 does not give enough humidity FHTC 8 121 04-09-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Best place to buy cpap equipment in Dubai or UAE Foxhunt 6 571 02-14-2024, 11:45 PM
Last Post: Macka
  [Equipment] Beginner Must Have Equipment/Supplies PoutinePrincess 7 426 02-07-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Equipment] Successful equipment modification tcurran 8 574 01-05-2024, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  hammer44 - ASV Therapy Equipment Question hammer44 11 633 01-01-2024, 01:47 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Can someone give an opinion on these results ? Gregsleep 11 858 09-20-2023, 11:18 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.